Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

e36 Grounding points

Worth a shot, sounds like you have a we gremlin somewhere, auto sparky me thinks, hard to diagnos properly without seeing it.

Worth a shot, sounds like you have a we gremlin somewhere, auto sparky me thinks, hard to diagnos properly without seeing it.

Yea, its a prick of a problem. More annoying than anything. Tried wiring my headunit to the lighter and get the same issue. Could be anything from the sender behind the cluster to a sensor or grounds etc.

Havent had a look at the sensor yet. Could be that too with all of the speed orientated calulations out.

Have you had a look at the dignostic functions of the obc? Might help pinpointing the problem

You mean the locked functions on the OBC? I have unlocked it and had a play. Everything seems to be working okay.

Unless there is something else?

So I resolved the problem. Turns out it was the ignition wire into the headunit.

Once I hardwired this so the Headunit is constantly on ( without the key in ) my OBC started working perfectly.

The feed from the ignition must have drawn to much current and turning my headunit off when driving :S