Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

:)

I think no front plates will be worse.

First of all its pretty obvious and also on a black plate atleast you have a plate rather than nothing.

Are you going no plates on the front now?

I can see Tristan on Police Ten Seven now..

Police officer: What’s your excuse for driving with those dangerous number plates son?

Tristan: Well I asked a few people on the internet and they told me it was less dodgy to run them than no plates at all.

Police officer: OMG FAIL GTFO. Always blow on the pie. $400 fine. Don't pass go.

The only accurate way to measure this is to keep a log book for say a 4 week period, running each plate (or lack thereof).

Keep a log book for each km driven and also whether at night or daytime. Then divide the number of kms driven by the number of fines received.

You will then have an accurate picture of what will gather the most fines and also whether time of day is a deciding factor.

Look forward to the results.

My experience of running both no plate when I first got the 330i repainted was I got pulled over every few weeks for no plate.

Got several warnings then started getting nailed as it stayed on my traffic record.

The m325/e30 use to run german plates while I never got pulled over for that car, ruinning it even fully certified and legal, I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle of being pulled over.

$150 per shot = not really worth it in my opinion. not that I think its right, but its easier to save for a full euro NZ plate.

I was told running German plates is classed as using false plates $200 (?) fine, 20 demerit points.

Edited by Blackie

I was told running German plates is classed as using false plates $200 (?) fine, 20 demerit points.

Yes that is correct.

They will fine you for Fraud.

Similar rule applies to people running a Dealers plate on a car that already has a rego in NZ.

not trying to be a d*ck

but im not sure why some guys will buy these plates and risk the 200 fine and demerits , just for a little mod

Can I ask why you want to run no plate and cause more troublez with the police? I try my best to keep it stealth under the police radar...

All of the above, as they are both "illegal".

/thread

Youre taking the piss right? Think before posting this kind of stuff.

I can see Tristan on Police Ten Seven now..

Police officer: What’s your excuse for driving with those dangerous number plates son?

Tristan: Well I asked a few people on the internet and they told me it was less dodgy to run them than no plates at all.

Police officer: OMG FAIL GTFO. Always blow on the pie. $400 fine. Don't pass go.

This, this and this.

Quite frankly I am surprised you have not updated your showroom thread to include this :lol:

run black rear plate and none on the front then cut your springs and take your bonnet off

youll be baawwllin maayyynnee

This, this and this.

Quite frankly I am surprised you have not updated your showroom thread to include this :lol:

Like.

Christ this is the dumbest thread I have seen in a while.

Like.

Christ this is the dumbest thread I have seen in a while.

Nathan

I think we will see quite a few more of these threads coming through - it seems the general IQ level of Bimmersport members has dropped a great deal with the arrival of some new younger members :D

Has changed in the last 5 years I see :)

Black german front plate or no front plate?

Opinions and reasoning?

Should I do 70k in a 50k area or not stop at a stop sign?

Opinions and reasoning?

They are both illegal you complete imbecile.

run black rear plate and none on the front then cut your springs and take your bonnet off

youll be baawwllin maayyynnee

:rolleyes::lol: