Sign in to follow this  
graememck

Error in uploading pictures

Hi,

I have registered, sent and received a PM, but cannot add images to my posts. (I want to upload pictures of my new car). I have tried saving out of Photoshop CS3 in various JPEG formats but it doesn’t work.

"The image you tried to upload appears to be an invalid image."

I am not a noob when it comes to computers so I can assure you that I am trying to upload valid JPEG files. I have also tried making a gallery but suffer the same fate when it comes to uploading images.

I am using a Mac and have tried two different browsers (Safari and Firefox) to make sure it is not an issue with your forum software and a particular browser.

Finally, I get an error when trying to email the administrators (hence this post)! ("No such person at this address")

Thanks

Graeme

The images have to be smaller than 800x 600. If you still cant get it to work host it somewhere else such as tinypic.com (can set it to automatically resize etc, much better imo)

Hi Graeme

Firstly, welcome to Bimmersport!

You need to make sure your pictures are 800x600 pixels or less otherwise they won't upload to the server. Alternatively, you may link pictures from any photo-sharing site.

Looking forward to seeing your new BMW.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks everyone for your help. I had resampled the images to 1024 pixels wides but I will resample and try again. I couldn’t find any information about this in the Help. If it isn’t there (I may have missed it) might I suggest adding it to make it easier for people like me.

Regards,

Graeme

Upload to www.imageshack.us

or iforce.co.nz

resize to 1024x768 or whatever.