Sign in to follow this  
graememck

Apple airport express and audio

Has anyone tried using a wireless router to stream music from iPod/iPhone and Apple laptops through their stereo systems via exposing some RCA leads in the trunk? I suggest an Apple Airport Express because: it is compact; can use airplay to stream music from iPhones, etc.; uses wireless N.

Pros: No need for wires for connections; multiple devices can be connected; could be expanded to provide a fully fledged media server

Cons: Need an inverter; doesn't charge iPhones, etc., relatively expensive.

Any thoughts/comments?

Has anyone tried using a wireless router to stream music from iPod/iPhone and Apple laptops through their stereo systems via exposing some RCA leads in the trunk? I suggest an Apple Airport Express because: it is compact; can use airplay to stream music from iPhones, etc.; uses wireless N.

Pros: No need for wires for connections; multiple devices can be connected; could be expanded to provide a fully fledged media server

Any thoughts/comments?

Just buy a jvc or similar headunit with bluetooth adap streaming built in

Just buy a jvc or similar headunit with bluetooth adap streaming built in

You would loose a whole lot of functionality in a E38 740i if you did that.

Eg: you loose OBC, ability to set date/time, aux ventilation control, navigation, TV, integrated phone handsfree system, and totally integrated stereo system.

Not worth it. Nothing beats the OEM system in terms of integrated functionality

Any thoughts/comments?

http://echoone.com/airport-express/

;)

No need for an inverter.. Just need a voltage regulator from Jaycar. There's a few on trademe cheap, the older models though, but I doubt you'd need wireless N.

http://echoone.com/airport-express/

;)

No need for an inverter.. Just need a voltage regulator from Jaycar. There's a few on trademe cheap, the older models though, but I doubt you'd need wireless N.

Brilliant!!!!!! And yes, an old one would work perfectly.

Brilliant!!!!!! And yes, an old one would work perfectly.

belkin make a bluetooth streaming reciever 230v but tiny and they go for $50 with 3.5mm or rca out,can cache up to 6- 8 devices

works great at home on the stereo so would also work in the car with power supply

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.pro...oduct_Id=508754

Any thoughts/comments?

I have an AppleTV in my car, just wrote a post on the setup. It's similar to what you have in mind I think:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=35925