Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

E36 328i supercharger install

hi

no waste gate setup , just the hose expands a little I suppose .,

I think if it was high boost I would have a intercooler .

no cert

Guest MP0wer

Cheers, how do you manage to get WOF's? Ever get asked? I am thinking of hiding it, and pass it off as an "air compressor", I can always turn it off with the flick of a switch. ahahaha.

Have an idea about covering that whole charger setup from the engine bay, with a thick piece of acrylic. Will post on a different topic.

remove belt= no boost

• Like 1

Cheers, how do you manage to get WOF's? Ever get asked? I am thinking of hiding it, and pass it off as an "air compressor", I can always turn it off with the flick of a switch. ahahaha.

Have an idea about covering that whole charger setup from the engine bay, with a thick piece of acrylic. Will post on a different topic.

A cert is around 400-500 bucks, and saves you a lot of trouble with wofs, cops and insurance.

• Like 1

Guest MP0wer

A cert is around 400-500 bucks, and saves you a lot of trouble with wofs, cops and insurance.

will look into it before my next wof.

Off topic: when you cert a car. are you essentially re registering it? Is it anything like custom cars,kit cars where you also enter makes and model yourself?

haha Brent, you've kept that SC quiet under the hood. been around like 6 times and never noticed or seen it. Silence is golden

haha yea maybe I should cut a big hole in the bonnet and have a roots blower sticking out like Mad Max ;)

• Like 1

will look into it before my next wof.

Off topic: when you cert a car. are you essentially re registering it? Is it anything like custom cars,kit cars where you also enter makes and model yourself?

No, not really. you would have to deregister it and register it again, but even then, would probably have to be the same as original.

The only way i am aware of doing it while keeping it legal is if the details on the tag is incorrect, which you will need someone in the industry to sign it off, eg classic car club chairman etc. i looked at doing this for my car about 5 or 6 years ago, but decided it was too much paper work to be worth it. My "550i" still has 520i on the tag so i guess it just looks like a POS with a bodykit, which is probably good from a theft point of view.

haha yea maybe I should cut a big hole in the bonnet and have a roots blower sticking out like Mad Max ;)

i see no problem with this, i will bring my bosch grinder up next time i come through

(supposed to be there tomorrow, also to get that E38 stuff from you, but lost the contract thatwould pay the gas arrgghh)

Guest MP0wer

No, not really. you would have to deregister it and register it again, but even then, would probably have to be the same as original.

The only way i am aware of doing it while keeping it legal is if the details on the tag is incorrect, which you will need someone in the industry to sign it off, eg classic car club chairman etc. i looked at doing this for my car about 5 or 6 years ago, but decided it was too much paper work to be worth it. My "550i" still has 520i on the tag so i guess it just looks like a POS with a bodykit, which is probably good from a theft point of view.

i see no problem with this, i will bring my bosch grinder up next time i come through

(supposed to be there tomorrow, also to get that E38 stuff from you, but lost the contract thatwould pay the gas arrgghh)

More off topic. Do you know where could I have some high quality custom boot lettering made up to say ///M52 or just M52 instead of 328i?

More off topic. Do you know where could I have some high quality custom boot lettering made up to say ///M52 or just M52 instead of 328i?

Just buy a motor sport M5 badge and add your number 2 to the end?

Guest MP0wer

Just buy a motor sport M5 badge and add your number 2 to the end?

Might do that I guess.

its gonna look a bit silly cuz the 5 in the M5 is straight and the 2 in the 328 is in italics/slanted.

so it will be like ///M52

Guest MP0wer

its gonna look a bit silly cuz the 5 in the M5 is straight and the 2 in the 328 is in italics/slanted.

so it will be like ///M52

Proposed solution?

1. Custom Made (Anybody know where??)

2. M Logo + 5 Series 520i/525i badge with 3rd and 4th lettering removed.

*Sorry to Hijack your thread.