Sign in to follow this  
t1nker8e11

MY FRIST BMW

Here is a photo of the Hawkes Bay 540is with my 8.

They sure look good your 8 looks great

There's also a Hell red 540-6 UK import getting 'round NZ. 99% sure it's an M sport with M fabric interior and used to have MOMO 17" 5 spoke rims.

Used to belong to Paul Hacket, i think he imported it, not 100% on that though.

Here's the old add when he sold it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=172913725

Edited by bellicose

YES I DID NOT PAY A LOT FOR THIS, TO BE STRIGHTUP ONLY BROUGHT IT BEING A V8 AND 6 SPEED I WAS GOING TO STRIP OUT AND USE AS CLUB CAR ENTER THE ODD EVENT ETC BUT THIS CAR IS WAY TO REAR WITH ONLY 125000 KS ITS BEEN AT THE THE GROOMERS AND IT LOOK LIKE NEW

SO THIS IS MY PROBLEM IF IT IS ONLY WORTH WHAT I PAID FOR IT AS SOME COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE I WILL STRIP IT AND USE FOR MY CLUBCAR.

BUT NOW AND AGAIN LUCK TURNS UP A GOOD HAND AND IF THIS IS 1 OF 2 1995 R/HAND DRIVE HELROT M540I 6SPDS IN THE WORLD WITH A GENQUINE 125000 KS

THAT HAS ONLY HAD 2 OWMERS FROM NEW WITH FULL SERVICE HISTORY FROM BMW AGRENT THAT SOLD CAR TO FIRST AND SECOND OWNERS IT IS TO GOOD FOR ME

SO TO BE FAIR TO THE CAR IT NEEDS A NEW HOME

LOUD NOISES!

There's also a Hell red 540-6 UK import getting 'round NZ. 99% sure it's an M sport with M fabric interior and used to have MOMO 17" 5 spoke rims.

Used to belong to Paul Hacket, i think he imported it, not 100% on that though.

Here's the old add when he sold it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=172913725

Wow very interesting didn't know about this car.

The M-cloth sounds very interesting. It is very hard to get you know (the cloth). A good friend has been valiantly trying to secure some for when his cloth falls apart on his 90' e34 M5. To no avail.

It will be interesting to get the low-down on this car as I am curious to know whether the M-cloth was an option or done after-market.

the blue one sold from Chch a couple of years ago is prolly the nicest i have seen.These are nice cars and i would pay over the odds for one.But only a very very nice one is goiing to be worth a lot more than any other BMW,and the market is correspondingly small.

After lot wills and won't sell my frist bmw only having for 3 months resons this is ti just to nice turn into racer selling on trademe follow link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=390064215

I don't realy no if my imformation is wright please let me know if i wrong

thks

NZ did not get the 6-speed 3.8 M5's so this car was a near-enough alternative. There are always people looking for one of these.

I know of two 3.8's floating around from near as damnit NZ New, both UK imports though, one Black, one Avus. Are there any more around?

I know of two 3.8's floating around from near as damnit NZ New, both UK imports though, one Black, one Avus. Are there any more around?

I know that there is at least one that was NZ New and bought by Gary Paykel, can't remember the colour though. It's a 5 speed not the later 6 speed though.

Hi

Had some poeple ring me offering money on car all with their own ideas of what car is worth

can any body give what they think car is worth and please none of that car is what u paid for it or market will let you know

it would be great if i could get a cross ref price and will reprice car

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=390064215

Good on you for not using it as a race car..

I think your target market is going to be very small, so dong be suprised if it tajes a while to sell/ find the right buyer. Thought about urging it in classic car mag? They have good cars in the classified section, prob someone who looms at those mags might be interested?

Australian eBay might be another option.. Broader audience.

First person I'd ve asking about the sale price would be Simon who just sold a 540i/6

ok this is my 2 c

I just sold(well fairly recently)my 535 is.It was a very nice car,not perfect but the paintwork was very good and the interior was very good(note neither was perfect)It drives very nicely and i had all of my service history and it alos had the big BBS wheels.I had lots of interest and lots of watchers.In the end i got xxx for it which i thought a wee bit low but not bad.It had 260 ks with a fairly recent head gasket job done by Page European.

I will PM the OP with my thoughts

Posted Image

Edited by kiwi535

Better 1 lol

its amazing drop the price and they all come out of wood work phone been red hot should have set low price to start

I know that there is at least one that was NZ New and bought by Gary Paykel, can't remember the colour though. It's a 5 speed not the later 6 speed though.

Yes that was a 92' in Avus blue and had cloth interior. Was in Wanganui until 18 months to 2 years ago and has now moved to Auckland- owned by a fellow Bimmersporter who is a BM enthusiast.

Hi Sam, where are these cars? What are they like?

Interesting stuff....wonder if any out of the two are the 6-speeds?

Better 1 lol

its amazing drop the price and they all come out of wood work phone been red hot should have set low price to start

Good luck with the sale mate. I have two friends who have these cars and they are superb vehicles.

I have a question- do you know what wheels you car came with? Nearly all of them came with Style 5 wheels - i.e like the wheels in the photo above with my 8 and friend's 540is...

Mine has a m sport badge on boot lid how can i tell if it is 1 of the 2 hellrot with m spec ???

can any one help

thks

Hi There

This may help you, Your car looks like a NZ new 540 IS was only for the Australasian market. S for sport!!

Attached is the BMW build Sheet for your car!!

Cheers Warren

E34_540IS.pdf

Hi Sam, where are these cars? What are they like?

Interesting stuff....wonder if any out of the two are the 6-speeds?

All the 3.6 M5's were 5 Speed All the 3.8 M5's were 6 speed!!

All the 3.6 M5's were 5 Speed All the 3.8 M5's were 6 speed!!

the very first M5 3.8L where offered with a 5spd .

and later all came with 6spd

the very first M5 3.8L where offered with a 5spd .

and later all came with 6spd

That's right there were 343 3.8 M5's made for the right hand drive market.

204 were with 5 speed gear-boxes

139 were made with 6 speed.