Sign in to follow this  
Heino

PINK STICKER.

So last night i was driving and some nice cop decided to pull me over, he used this line " I'm just going to do a quick check on your vehicle" and I knew exactly what he would find. So my car is way too low and I now sit with nice pink sticker on my window.

Is there anyone who has a workshop or anyone at all who can help me put my old springs back on so i don't have to pay hundreds of dollars to do so because money is tight when your a uni student.

Thank you.

Heino.

He is asking for help. Knows what he has done wrong. Doesn't need a lecture from some know it all.

Post cleaned up.

He is asking for help. Knows what he has done wrong. Doesn't need a lecture from some know it all.

Post cleaned up.

thank you.

Is it just the fronts or rears or all 4 corners that need replacing ?

I've been quoted $150 to change springs over. Did you pay to get it lowered in the 1st place? find someone with a trolley jack and some compressors and give it a crack yourself :) (read a manual)

^ C'mon Dan... the guy knowingly ran illegally low springs in his car and now you're sympathising with his sob story?

If money is so tight, then don't do things to your car that will get you a pink sticker. Oh, and don't own an E46.

Gen Y: "I'll do whatever I want, but poor me when I suffer the consequences"

I don't see how it's a sob story, all he wants is for someone to give him a good deal on a spring swap.

Give Johno a call Heino, he swapped mine over for a good price.

i thought glen lowed your car with like 40mm drop springs?

^ C'mon Dan... the guy knowingly ran illegally low springs in his car and now you're sympathising with his sob story?

If money is so tight, then don't do things to your car that will get you a pink sticker. Oh, and don't own an E46.

Gen Y: "I'll do whatever I want, but poor me when I suffer the consequences"

Was my point exactly.

f**k SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE SUCH c**ts, LEAVE HIM ALONE HES LEARNING!

Bit touchy this morn' arn't we :lol:

Oh and i think you had your caps lock the wrong way around.

here weee go againnnnn =D

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Bit touchy this morn' arn't we :lol:

Oh and i think you had your caps lock the wrong way around.

Hes just trying to get some help, he dosn't need a bunch of c**ts talking sh*t.

And its bimmersport correcting my swear words.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

wtf :huh:

Haha... looks like I started a shitstorm.

Fact of the matter is, if you read the forum rules Bimmersport does not condone illegal activity. Therefore this topic shouldn't even still be open. OP illegally lowered his car, got pink-stickered and is now asking for someone to effectively bail him out "for cheap".

You wonder why car enthusiasts get a bad rap in the media and with the police? Great example right here. "I know I broke the law, but c'mon it's no big deal, just help me out."

And Mash - please find other ways to express yourself other than just using a string of expletives.

would be best if you can do it yourself. takes about 1/2 a day or so or a day. all you really need is

a few sockets and wreches, 13, 16, 17 and 22 if i remember correctly.

wd40,

a set of spring compressors,

a mallet,

a friend to help out,

a nice spacious garage or flat driveway,

jack and jack stands

oh and the willingness to learn from it. depends on your DIY capabilities though. some people can learn as they go some needs to be shown.

Just get it certed? you can keep the height and have it legal.

He's tight on cash remember?

I didn't see any posts prior to the clean up so maybe I missed something but from what I can see this thread is Heino asking for someone to help him out with making his car legal. How is this condoning illegal modifications?

I know Heino has been looking at lifting the ride height up for a while now. But now he urgently needs the springs swapped and wants it to be done for cheap. Who doesn't want a good deal when getting work done on their car?

Edited by ///MICHAEL

X2. I don't see this being any different than if he bought a pink stickered car and wanted it back up to scratch. He's wanting help regarding switching springs NOT crying about the pink sticker.

OP: Try MTS on the shore, they have good pricing for suspension. Or since its a e36, just buy a full set of standard springs and shocks... will be much easier to swap over.

Edited by gdm.yo

X2. I don't see this being any different than if he bought a pink stickered car and wanted it back up to scratch. He's wanting help regarding switching springs NOT crying about the pink sticker.

OP: Try MTS on the shore, they have good pricing for suspension. Or since its a e36, just buy a full set of standard springs and shocks... will be much easier to swap over.

E46.

Why I am his side is purely because he admits the car is too low, wants to rectify his mistake, and is asking for help from us to do so.

Telling him off will just cause more fights as we can now see.

He is young and learning the hard way. Like you all did.

If this was another "F the police my illegal car got pinked" then I would be telling him to F off too. But it isn't.