Sign in to follow this  
Heino

PINK STICKER.

Jono from Mag n Tyre or Mike at Synth.

I'm sure the fronts can be done for less than $100. Backs are an easy DIY if the rear set-ups anything like an E36.

Edited by Blackie

Sorry to hear that man, saw your post on FB earlier today.

Like Lucan said .. fronts can be done for $100ish, rears are not that hard to do yourself, just make sure you have a trolley jack and possibly someone else to help ya.

Same suspension as E36, rears would take 10 minutes, don't even need to remove wheels, fronts a bit longer but still easy, if you have no clue at all then take it to one of the sponsers for a cheaper than normal job, or take it back to Glenn, would cost the same amount as last time but that's what you get for having illeagal springs fitted.

I didn't see any posts prior to the clean up so maybe I missed something but from what I can see this thread is Heino asking for someone to help him out with making his car legal. How is this condoning illegal modifications?

I know Heino has been looking at lifting the ride height up for a while now. But now he urgently needs the springs swapped and wants it to be done for cheap. Who doesn't want a good deal when getting work done on their car?

shot michael! sorry i havent been replying but been at work, but yeah some people always need to add their negative 2c's but owell just ignore them, theres always people willing to help and then theres assholes. but on that note how much is a cert for springs so i can then compare the prices of switching back to standard and getting it certified for low :D

would it be cheaper to just switch the rears out and to buy second had shocks and springs?

Gen Y: "I'll do whatever I want, but poor me when I suffer the consequences"

Posted Image

How low is your car? Depends on how much work is needed to get the cert. Is it the same as the latest photos you have posted?

Could be looking at $400 cert + another $300-400 for other stuff that will be need to be done. If I was you i would save up and get a cert.

How low is your car? Depends on how much work is needed to get the cert. Is it the same as the latest photos you have posted?

Could be looking at $400 cert + another $300-400 for other stuff that will be need to be done. If I was you i would save up and get a cert.

i need the car on tuesday to get to uni :s so all i need for now is a standard bmw e46 front shock and spring set so i can swap them out. its the front thats too low. and BS wont let me upload fotos.....

photos

post-5706-1305433818.jpg

post-5706-1305433827.jpg

i need the car on tuesday to get to uni :s so all i need for now is a standard bmw e46 front shock and spring set so i can swap them out. its the front thats too low. and BS wont let me upload fotos.....

make yer pics a bit smaller or upload to photobucket or flickr or something and linky,Send me a pic if you like and i will do it(kiwi535@xtra.co.nz)

:huh: I don't see how that could be pink sticked? What type of springs did you use, and how many mm did it drop your front by?

under car.

post-5706-1305434517.jpg

Edited by Heino

Take it to vtnz and see if you can get a WOF. Does not look that low, my moms cars lower and still sits at 110mm.

What size tyres are you running?

What size tyres are you running?

215 40 17.

My front is 225 45 17, maybe that's part of the reason? Difference is 3.1cm total tyre height, makes it 1.5cm at the chassis?

My front is 225 45 17, maybe that's part of the reason? Difference is 3.1cm total tyre height, makes it 1.5cm at the chassis?

yeah im looking to ssell my Ac shcnitzer type two and get some 18's with a offset of about 20ish

lucky u didn't get done for the g-plates at the same time.

lucky u didn't get done for the g-plates at the same time.

yeah lol it was actually a really nice cop to be honest. but i measured my car and i need it raised 1ish cm -__-

i thought the illegal modification rule stated lowest point of the chassis when measuring the height from ground?

wheel & tire dimensions are only measured when the vehicle has a LVV cert, which Heino doesnt have. Which means that he goes to the wof rules regarding height:

Read General vehicle page 9-1-5 regarding springs and shock absorbers, and the little statement (2) which states "Does not include such items as exhaust pipes and exterior body panels that do not

contribute to the structural strength of the vehicle."

www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/virm-in...cert-wof.../gen-9-steering-v4a2.pdf

My old e30's sump hanged 70mm from the ground at one point while the chassis rails were still above 100mm, meaning it was within legal limits. I had no problems getting warrants either. One run in the with popo, green sticker regarding height, made me put a copy of the wof rules in the glovebox next time they got cheeky.

By now even if you prove them wrong you "still could have modified it after you got the ticket".

i thought the illegal modification rule stated lowest point of the chassis when measuring the height from ground?

wheel & tire dimensions are only measured when the vehicle has a LVV cert, which Heino doesnt have. Which means that he goes to the wof rules regarding height:

They mean that a bigger profile or a bigger wheel diameter will raise the car from the ground.

Read General vehicle page 9-1-5 regarding springs and shock absorbers, and the little statement (2) which states "Does not include such items as exhaust pipes and exterior body panels that do not

contribute to the structural strength of the vehicle."

www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/virm-in...cert-wof.../gen-9-steering-v4a2.pdf

My old e30's sump hanged 70mm from the ground at one point while the chassis rails were still above 100mm, meaning it was within legal limits. I had no problems getting warrants either. One run in the with popo, green sticker regarding height, made me put a copy of the wof rules in the glovebox next time they got cheeky.

By now even if you prove them wrong you "still could have modified it after you got the ticket".

Yes thank you for the advice. i might just pay my fine and then write a letter saying the cop didnt do a proper measurement of the car he just put his notebook under the sideskirt of my car and said it was to low but the sideskirt is part of the body and not the same height as the chassis or something of this sort.

Yes thank you for the advice. i might just pay my fine and then write a letter saying the cop didnt do a proper measurement of the car he just put his notebook under the sideskirt of my car and said it was to low but the sideskirt is part of the body and not the same height as the chassis or something of this sort.

If you pay the fine you basically accept responsibility in my view.

Long and the short of it will be they will just read it as another teenage idiot trying to get off a fine (I'm not saying you are, I don't know you so won't comment on that) They get 100's of letters every month for similar things and tend not to take them tooo seriously (Not right, But Reality)

That said, you should always stand up for yourself.

You should always expect the responses you got when you post up this type of thread, But don't let it worry you. Its easy to be tough on the net.

under car.

Posted Image

Take it to vtnz and see if you can get a WOF. Does not look that low, my moms cars lower and still sits at 110mm.

Really?

doesnt the side skirts sit at the same height as the chassis rails? unless you have special side skirts? well thats for e36s