Sign in to follow this  
Heino

PINK STICKER.

Really?

Thankyou, someone here actually looked at the picture. And that does look like a chassis rail too hence illeagal, pay the fine lift it up and go on with youre life.

Yes thank you for the advice. i might just pay my fine and then write a letter saying the cop didnt do a proper measurement of the car he just put his notebook under the sideskirt of my car and said it was to low but the sideskirt is part of the body and not the same height as the chassis or something of this sort.

Pay your fine Heino, you've posted 3 times telling us it's too low, and posted a pic clearly showing it's too low, you can't seriously turn around and say you didn't ask for it, can you?

ps, just get it back legal and enjoy, saves the worry as well.

Edited by Silver Fox

Why does it need to be that low?

Meh, just pay it, you've done it, should have thaught of that before you lowered it that much :S

Hmm didnt Glenn fit these? Im sure if it was under 100MM he would have let you know. If you played with them after he did his work then you probably wont again =D

And i have always been told if you cant afford the car you drive you shouldn't have it. {I have a BMW bank account just waiting for the day something brakes}

yeah im looking to ssell my Ac shcnitzer type two and get some 18's with a offset of about 20ish

Keen for your Schnitzers if you wanna sell it later

Keen for your Schnitzers if you wanna sell it later

make an offer bro. and to the other posts. springs have not been touched since glenn installed. and yeah i accept the fact that its a lowered vehicle. but im wanting to change that. because i might sell the car on Saturday.

Really?

No i thought i would lie....

No i thought i would lie....

bro all good i appreciate your positive input.

make an offer bro. and to the other posts. springs have not been touched since glenn installed. and yeah i accept the fact that its a lowered vehicle. but im wanting to change that. because i might sell the car on Saturday.

Ahhh well take it up with glen, but i think it is your tyres they are too small and even smaller with the stretch.

Ahhh well take it up with glen, but i think it is your tyres they are too small and even smaller with the stretch.

yeah i think that to. thats why im after some 18inch rims but will have to see i might be selling the car on Saturday.

It would be cheaper to get the standard springs put back in than buying new wheels which will not actually bring the car up that much.

Unforutnitly the springs you have in the car are way too low for 17s .. I would even say they are boarder line for 19s.

The springs were a near new set of German B&G springs in original box with documentation. They were labeled to fit E46 4 cylinder vehicles only. I was told these should give approx 40-50mm drop. When we fitted these to the car with its original wheels it gave us a drop of just under 40mm... about 36mm from memory and the car was still at legal height.

What is the height with your original wheels and tyres Heino ??... bring the car down and let me have a look

Glenn has fitted the correct set of springs to the car. :)

The issue is you are running a tyre that is too small. A 215/40/17 is 605mm in diameter but the correct size tyre is 225/45/17 which is 635mm in diameter. The difference of 30mm will give you an increase of 15mm in height which will put the car back over 100mm.

"I have Ac schnitzer type 2's on. off a 5 series 17x8.5 et 13 "

^^^ This is also going to be a problem with the VTNZ inspection. Wheel off set & tyre size. Going by the pictures Heino has posted, the wheel rims protrude quite away outside the guards. I've just sugested to him to take it to VTNZ first to see what he's going to get pinged with, then work from there.

Refitting the original wheels & tyres would have been the easy fix.... but he sold them

Edited by *Glenn*

f**k that doesnt even look low boggles the mind how he got pinked

It strange, cause I look at these photos and the car looks fine

Posted Image

photos

I look at this photo and thats not normal even for lowering.

Posted Image

under car.

With the above photo, im not even sure going up 20mm in wheel diamaeter (10mm in real height change) is going to satisfy getting a pink sticker removed. The springs are the things that have changed .. I would say at least change them back or get new springs that are a lot less agressive.

Not having a go, just offering some constructive advise from someone whos done it a few times with e46's

5 pages.

I was going to throw a set of H&R springs in the wifes CI but after working on it over the weekend I don't think I would bother, my trolley jack doesn't clear the sill OEM.

The vehicles at 85mm. He's had a VTNZ check and were swapping the original springs back in as we speak.

I'm surprised he didn't get pinged on the wheel offset

Edited by *Glenn*

Heino's Hino now is legal...115mm off the floor

Edited by *Glenn*

Great thanks to glenn and chris for helping me today with getting the bimmer back on the road, it is definitely muchly appreciated and will recommend glenn and his team every single time. always seems to get the job done "Properly"

Thanks Glenn.

(even though my car looks like a monster truck)