Sign in to follow this  
37 South

service indicator.

Does anyone know how to reset service ind.lights , without using the Reset Tool ?

Bumpstop, sorry, I did mean E 30. (my ex, now daughters car)

Come across some info on UNOFFICIAL BMW> about 15 pin & 20 pin data link connectors.Grounding pin 7 withpin 1 ( in the case of 15 pin connector)should reset

oil service lights (if held for 3 seconds, or inspection light, if held for 12 seconds.

I am not keen to risk damage to the board. Has any boby tried this or heard of this ?

Yup, I have done this on my E30 325i, probably 10 times, with no problems at all (and also on my old E30 320i about 7 or 8 times with no problems either).

Good luck

Cheers

Thanks Grant ,you put my mind at ease. Is there anything else I should take care of, apart from grounding pin 7 to pin 1 , apart from having the Ignition switched to position 2 ?

Guest Andrew

You should used a fused jumper cable.

Is this a facelife or non facelift e30? For exact instructions check www.bmwe30.net and goto articles.. then electrical.

had a look at BMWE. What`s a fused wire jumper ? Do I use a wire and put a fuse in?(what amps)Then again it may need batt.replacement. I`m sure BMW did all this to get more bus. to their stealers.

its pretty easy....go to http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/data...0042&Section=02

and depending on weather it is pre facelift or facelift follow the instructions...we werent sure what it meant by fused jumper wire either, i just used some steel bicycle cable i had lying around.....im sure any wire will do....then just leave the ignition key on...fairly simple with 2 people

Guest Andrew

had a look at BMWE. What`s a fused wire jumper ? Do I use a wire and put a fuse in?(what amps)Then again it may need batt.replacement. I`m sure BMW did all this to get more bus. to their stealers.

I don't know what fuse to use either. We didn't bother.

SI board batts are relatively easy. I posted a howto in FAQ i think. I can't give you a hand sometime if you want.

Are the lights all out?