Sign in to follow this  
miketonny

E39 2002 Radio change to NZ

I have a BMW 525i Msports 2002 japan imported, so i think it has world tuner for it's radio, but i couldn't seem to get into the settings in tv. I've read jochen's post on how to change radio settings, but i couldn't find the 'M' button at all. I tried pressing every button on my tv unit for at least 10 sec, none of them took me into the menu described. does anyone know how to do it?

Mike, I never heard back from you. I thought you said your car was a 2003. Contact me & I can go through options.

Mike, I never heard back from you. I thought you said your car was a 2003. Contact me & I can go through options.

Hi Grant, I'll talk to you tomorrow, I just got my car registered today. I checked it's chasis and it's production date is 07/2002 so i guess it's not 2003, Nav unit at the boot says Nav system II, means MKII?

Hi Grant, I'll talk to you tomorrow, I just got my car registered today. I checked it's chasis and it's production date is 07/2002 so i guess it's not 2003, Nav unit at the boot says Nav system II, means MKII?

Yep, Jap nav unit was system II in vehicles from around 00/01

Yours being 02 should have a world tuner. I can guide you through things

Edit Jap system II is of no realivence to MK2

Edited by hotwire

button combo should work ... definitely talk to grant about the Nav worth the $ IMO

if your in AKL i can enable your TV in motion, and change radio region if you cant get the button combo to work.

TV in motion - what's that Matt? I went to TV the other night on the way home from awards dinner.

Got the "viewing while in motion is not permitted" screen :(

I must have F#@&ed up the setting the last time I programmed a nav unit in the car... which reminds me

TV in motion - what's that Matt? I went to TV the other night on the way home from awards dinner.

Got the "viewing while in motion is not permitted" screen :(

I must have F#@&ed up the setting the last time I programmed a nav unit in the car... which reminds me

i wish i had that issue! :( DAMN MID!

i wish i had that issue! :( DAMN MID!

Easy to resolve in 2 steps:

1. Remove MID

2. RetroFit Nav

PS: there's a few substeps in point 2 :D

Easy to resolve in 2 steps:

1. Remove MID

2. RetroFit Nav

PS: there's a few substeps in point 2 :D

Have and still am seriously considering ... my rear folding seats are making it difficult from a wiring perspective.

Have and still am seriously considering ... my rear folding seats are making it difficult from a wiring perspective.

Why?

Cabling is the same.

button combo should work ... definitely talk to grant about the Nav worth the $ IMO

if your in AKL i can enable your TV in motion, and change radio region if you cant get the button combo to work.

Hey Matt

How can you get TV in motion activated.

I'm in CHCH so if you could pass me the info that'll be great my contact number is 0212737332 cheers Sami

^^^^^ You need a programme to be able to code it - Navcoder etc

It can't be done remotely.

I could do it if you were to send me the video module out of the car

Bugger it! i just did that and sure enough mine was built in mid 2000 hence why i cant change mine. What now?

Another tuner. Your car got a monitor in the dash?

PM me