Sign in to follow this  
dreadful1

STOLEN SI411

You have joined the 6 gear (wank wank) club :D

You have joined the 6 gear (wank wank) club :D

It's a nice club to be in :)

I agree, cruising in 6th at 60km at 1100RPM like a boss.

Prefer 1st gear in the red at 60km boss man.

Spinng wheels doing deals

Update:

Car has been found at someones property, probably that place attracted police's attention and I have it in my garage now.

Damage to it isn't significant! Wheels are gone obviously, a dent to the underside of the front left sideskirt (metal)

dent on the bonnet from them trying to put a larger battery in and slamming the hood down.. Scratches all over the place and rear seats pulled out.. They took my gear knob and tried to take my steering wheel but they threaded the bolt (momo wheel) so they couldnt get it off.

Took my stereo, speakers and thats about it...

On the plus side, I have a tool box and a lot of tools that was already inside the car and also 2 photo frames and a 21st birthday card. Oh and also 3 CD holders full of Jazz music hahahaha!

EDIT: anyone know about how to register a car again? The plates got taken off so I have to get new ones.. though wouldn't I need a WOF to register a car again? but I can't drive it to a WOF place due no plates and also wouldn't a WOF require a numberplate?

Edited by Yongxi

Might be able to sneakily drive it somewhere close but I'm sure you'd have to get it on a trailer and tow it which would be the legit way..

Maybe someone on here could loan you one??

Edited by shaneg

I'm sure it's warrant before rego?

As you have to have a warrant to get a rego.

I may be mistaken however, take a quick squiz on NZTA.

if you dont have a plate the warrent is done on the last 6 (i think) digits of the chassis number, thats how its always done to new cars at my work. and warrents always before rego

I assume that the car hasnt been de-registered.

To get new plates, you go to a Land Transport agent....like AA or VTNZ, and apply for new plates, stating that the old ones were stolen. Theyshould issue the plates on the spot. The car shouldnt need to be registered to get the plates. Once you have the plates, you should be able to go do the WoF thing and get the rego done after.

If they were personalised plates you will need to get your plates remade which takes a few days.

If the car has been de-registered, than you will need to go through the VIN process.

ahh thanks for that, I ended up going to VTNZ and ask what to do and they suggested exactly what you said and will be getting new plates this week and drivable to places to get a WOF and a rego!

Gidday mate... man your car was outstanding for a long time. A new set of plates will cost about $12.00 from any NZTA licenceing agent - no biggie. Did you hear if the Police arrested anyone in connection with it or was it simply just located and recovered?