Sign in to follow this  
dreadful1

STOLEN SI411

Does anyone know about house insurance and if a car is covered if its within our property and is parked in our driveway?

The car is not covered by the house insurance. It must be insured seperatley.... don't tell me you didn't have it insured ?

The car is not covered by the house insurance. It must be insured seperatley.... don't tell me you didn't have it insured ?

Ahh cheers Glenn, I did only have third party only and my mum didn't buy the fire and theft with it as we thought nothing like this would ever happen to us.. But he stole other things in our house so we can claim for that.

Police are coming around this morning to check for finger prints and their bound to get some as I saw the guy had no gloves on.

Hopefully they'll catch that bastard and my car isn't all munted up

I feel for ya bud ......& no insurance.

God,..... car theives shot be hung by their nuts in the city square.

I hope you find it.

Edited by M5V8

Gonna be real obvious here and make a point of saying this (not just to the OP, but everyone)...

If you have a car, and either dont have it insured or dont have theft on the policy, GET IT. Its not a lot more money each year, but by god its a life saver when your car does eventually go missing.

Made this mistake myself, wont ever be having an uninsured car again.

Hope you find it again (and not raped/crashed), and they string the thief up by his balls.

Wow dude thats crazy, that would make me wanna be sick watching someone steal my own car. This has just prompted me to order a GPS tracking unit for the E39... Not that anyone would want to steal it but you never know what someone might want to steal.

Clearly the person who stole your car is an absolute idiot to steal such a distinctive car! They would have to strip it down pretty quick so no one will notice it. I hope you had the rusted bonnet on, that would stick out well and I doubt they would go to the trouble of finding a black bonnet to swap over.

I hope you get your car back, hopefully without too much damage! This reminds me of when I got car jacked at the petrol station 200m from my house at BP in Herne Bay. Thieves are idiots.

Yeah! I wasn't the one that took care of our insurance, mum just bought it all for us and she didn't think we would ever get our cars stolen, specially a euro with immobilisers so she didn't tick the theft and fire.. but now I'm getting full insurance..

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. Doesn't Aus have that law where you have to have a GPS in your car of you cant get a warrant?

ahhh, I JUST removed the rusty hood about 2 days ago so its just the orange wheels that stick out.

I'm actually not TOO gutted about my car getting taken away as I was thinking of upgrading at that point but still pretty gutted about the money involved, I'm in the market for a new car now, anyone got anything goodies?

Surely we can track it down, I mean if he tries to move the wheels they will either come out as a solid colour or be stripped right back to nothing.

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to sell anything as distinctive as those wheels on the internet...waiting to be proven wrong though -_-

As I said before, gutted Yongxi, M3 time!?

Yo Yong,

Might pay to go and check out both Pick-A-Part's. My mates car was stolen and he found it there a 3 weeks later. Still had the chassis plate on it.

Make sure you have a copy of the chassis number.

Dude that sucks.

Makes me scared about not having fire & theft, pretty sure I can't get it with NAC.

Will def keep an eye out when I'm around that area, probably wont be up here though hah. Like has been said, check pick a part

this is where GPS would be GOLD.

Imagine knocking on the door with the police, knowing you car's sitting in their backyard because your GPS unit was still sending updated location details.

Or better yet without the police...but a few select "mates"

Edited by M5V8

this is where GPS would be GOLD.

Imagine knocking on the door with the police, knowing you car's sitting in their backyard because your GPS unit was still sending updated location details.

You might have to get the press involved before the police care: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=10672740

Bad luck mate. This must be gut wrenching. If you get a lead, Bimmersport lynch mob?

This is the main reason I'm considering selling the E30. Not being able to afford insurance + no driveway + Hamilton = stolen. I'll call some insurance companies up and let them humour me, but we'll see how that goes.

would it be worth telling local tyre shops, if the guy tries to move the wheels he will have to paint them and might get the tyres taken off to do it.

Haven't lived in AKL much? not something I personally would try.

f**k man, sorry to hear. I'll keep an eye out in the Orakei and Herne Bay area.

Could well just be a joy ride and is now parked somewhere else, if not it will surely have different wheels on it now, just keep an eye out for all black 36 coupes.

E: Distinctive scratches marks etc.

Edited by Greg.

A mate and I are heading to some Pick a Part in Mt Wellington tomorrow (not pick a part but similar) for some springs for his e30, will keep an eye out around the Mt Welly/Onehunga/Penrose area for you

Yep will lookout on every e36 coupe, and also my front lip is custom made from just window binding with a sticker "stay black" on the left and side and stickers on the side view mirror "meh." its pretty hard to miss those but he would of taken those off but another thing is that my taillights are all red'ed out.

I highly doubt they would be driving that car around, specially it has so many things thats unique to it...

Marcuss: cheers man! If you see my car at pick a part, give me a buzz! 021 299 1709!

Update:

Someone facebooked me that their friend saw my car in highland park still on orange wheels!

Please keep an lookout for me if you stay in that region! and give me a call! 021 299 1709

Spreading the word on Facebook for you.

Edit: Can I get a few more pictures to upload on Facebook for the people who arnt familiar with what an e36 look like

Edited by .e36

Cheers man!

I can't access photobucket for some reason but add me on facebook! I have lots of pictures on.

Name: Yongxi Tea