GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

lookie lookie, now just need turbo, ecu and gearbox kit, :D

post-2228-1329540047.jpg

post-2228-1329540061.jpg

now your talking a nice big pair of hair dryers would top that v12 off nicely

now your talking a nice big pair of hair dryers would top that v12 off nicely

Pair? im thinking one big one :P

Pair? im thinking one big one :P

that depends on where your going to mount it, how about 4x gtr turbos? cheap and easy to find

that depends on where your going to mount it, how about 4x gtr turbos? cheap and easy to find

i thought about that haha lots of pipe work though, thinking one big one on the left front of engine bay and down pipe on the left hand side split to 2 pipes each having a muffler one out each side of the side skirt. could join the manifold at the rear and front from bank to bank so its like one plenum. i really want to incorporate the ac system into the intake as well as a big ass intercooler.. and maybe even a air to water intercooler as well, hmm or what about this an evaporator in a tank of water with electric pumps circulating through an big water air front mount intercooler.. any ways its got to have really cold air going in some how :D

Edited by Garett

i thought about that haha lots of pipe work though, thinking one big one on the left front of engine bay and down pipe on the left hand side split to 2 pipes each having a muffler one out each side of the side skirt. could join the manifold at the rear and front from bank to bank so its like one plenum. i really want to incorporate the ac system into the intake as well as a big ass intercooler.. and maybe even a air to water intercooler as well, hmm or what about this an evaporator in a tank of water with electric pumps circulating through an big water air front mount intercooler.. any ways its got to have really cold air going in some how :D

i like the way you think outside the square aircon pumps don't like high rpm thus why they kick out when drop a gear to pass someone, i think a air/air is the simplest and room is a major factor to consider.

a single is easy enough it just comes down to how much power your after im doing a v12 Toyota in a off-road truck but there's also a lot more room to deal with, if you go for a water/air put the heat exchanger in the back.

i like the way you think outside the square aircon pumps don't like high rpm thus why they kick out when drop a gear to pass someone, i think a air/air is the simplest and room is a major factor to consider.

a single is easy enough it just comes down to how much power your after im doing a v12 Toyota in a off-road truck but there's also a lot more room to deal with, if you go for a water/air put the heat exchanger in the back.

ahh yes i could under drive it?? i would like around 6-700bhp... oh and do you know of any piston heads off any turbo engine will mate with the conrods on the v12? bore size is not an issue.

Edited by Garett

ahh yes i could under drive it?? i would like around 6-700bhp... oh and do you know of any piston heads off any turbo engine will mate with the conrods on the v12? bore size is not an issue.

even under-drive you wouldn't gain a lot but cooler in the back would have a lot less drag.

as for pistons that's easy i just need bore size and pin height im using mitsi evo pistons in mine

even under-drive you wouldn't gain a lot but cooler in the back would have a lot less drag.

as for pistons that's easy i just need bore size and pin height im using mitsi evo pistons in mine

thats prob what ill end up doing... so you saying the evo pistons use the same pin dia as the v12? 21mm? the bore can be between 84mm and 86mm

Edited by Garett

thats prob what ill end up doing... so you saying the evo pistons use the same pin dia as the v12? the bore can be between 84mm and 86mm

if the pin bore is the same and height then yep and cheap

if the pin bore is the same and height then yep and cheap

ill check my v12 ones tomorrow, then let the search begin :D thanks crunchy you da man!

oh another question, i was going to get the engine shop to sleeve the bores, quite costly, so i will try get a friend at an engineering shop to do it for me, i will just need to get the sleeves, i dont know were to get them? or should i just make them?

Edited by Garett

ill check my v12 ones tomorrow, then let the search begin :D thanks crunchy you da man!

6x custom wossener pistons landed including postage 900nz, give me the pin height and ill give you the details they should be 22mm pins

Haha I love the extravagance

i thought about that haha lots of pipe work though, thinking one big one on the left front of engine bay ....

BW S480

Take the RHD bank forward, cross under the front of the motor and up to the LHD side.

BW S480

Take the RHD bank forward, cross under the front of the motor and up to the LHD side.

yeah that sounds like the plan :) thats a nice turbo bit pricey for what i want though haha

Trademe rb pistons

My Question i asked...

i need 12 piston heads how many do you have and how much? garett1 (12 ) 7:12 pm, Mon 20 Feb

i have 17 2nd hand 86mm pistons(out of a RB30)(will fit RB25, RB30,RB26 and SR20 even) $50 for 12 + fr8 10:06 pm, Mon 20 Feb

crunchy will these be good enough?

EDIT: ok turns out he only has 6 off turbo engine.. maybe for my m50 then??

Edited by Garett

yeah that sounds like the plan :) thats a nice turbo bit pricey for what i want though haha

Trademe rb pistons

My Question i asked...

i need 12 piston heads how many do you have and how much? garett1 (12 ) 7:12 pm, Mon 20 Feb

i have 17 2nd hand 86mm pistons(out of a RB30)(will fit RB25, RB30,RB26 and SR20 even) $50 for 12 + fr8 10:06 pm, Mon 20 Feb

crunchy will these be good enough?

EDIT: ok turns out he only has 6 off turbo engine.. maybe for my m50 then??

pin height is wrong only a b18c piston or mitsi but you still need to measure that v12 piston for me

so the springs that i got for the rear originally made the car sit way... to high, sent them back 3 weeks ago, they made some custom ones with shorter adjustable shocks which arrived today and this is how they sit, better but not as low as i have wanted, but ill make do for now.. i can now set up my guards and get the car painted :D

does anyone have some (80 - 100mm un sprung) springs for the rear of e36?

post-2228-1330512602.jpg

post-2228-1330512612.jpg

That's a tiny spring your after. I'd hate to think what sort of spring rate you'll be needing to keep it off the bump stops (or the ground). Are you trying to tuck the wheel? or get this low http://www.stancenation.com/2011/10/12/slammered/

Do you have adjustable spring perches in the back?

You could make up some spring pearches so you can use 62mm springs. The springs will probably need some modifications.

How far are you from the ground?

Why so low?

Have you reinforced your rear subframe mounting points?

I'm looking forward to seeing how this looks painted. I'll definately have to pop out and see it

I need to sell this guys, 4k ask around 1996 318is coupe twin airbag lowered on 17x8 with 205/40 tires. it will be on trademe soon, be quick.

post-2228-1331189279.jpg

Do you have adjustable spring perches in the back?

You could make up some spring pearches so you can use 62mm springs. The springs will probably need some modifications.

How far are you from the ground?

Why so low?

Have you reinforced your rear subframe mounting points?

ok i dont have the adjustable perches in the back at the moment, but i do have two sets of them.

62mm spring who has that, that would be perfect..

its about 100mm of the ground.

i want to be able to slam it for show reasons.

haha yeah a few years back i kicked the clutch and the subframe ripped out of the floor, so i had it all out and made some big steel plates up top and bottom and welded them in, so she be pretty tuff now id say.

I need to sell this guys, 4k ask around 1996 318is coupe twin airbag lowered on 17x8 with 205/40 tires. it will be on trademe soon, be quick.

You have a bird in your bumper! :) lol

You have a bird in your bumper! :) lol

ohh yeah hahaha look at that" :lol:

If it's just for show throw some blocks of wood in there. Takes just as much time to change springs(to blocks of wood) as it does to wind them down

I might be missing the point.

Are you getting or have you got an authority card for this?

If it's just for show throw some blocks of wood in there. Takes just as much time to change springs(to blocks of wood) as it does to wind them down

I might be missing the point.

Are you getting or have you got an authority card for this?

not a bad idea at all haha wood lol

info:

When an owner of a competition vehicle wishes to use it on a public road it is a legal requirement to have an Authority Card issued by MotorSport NZ, if any of the following items are fitted / modified:

Competition safety harness

Roll protection that extends forward of the front seating positions and/or modifications that effect the interior impact rule

Removal of an airbag SRS system

Braided hydraulic brake lines

Hydraulic handbrake

Plastic glazing.

Applying for an Authority CardYou must hold a current MotorSport NZ competition licence and the vehicle must have a competition logbook.

I have the Logbook but thats it, ill do it all once the cars all finished :D

ohh yeah hahaha look at that" :lol:

It must be worth an extra thousand :D I mean the bird lol

Edited by swordfish