Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

Ok so last night I started making my seat rails, I used 4x 50x25x3mm 235mm long RHS sections, 2x 50x50x5mm angle sections 235mm long, the angle section was lying around and I really need just some flat so I cut it down the center, took a few hours to make them

post-2228-0-52600000-1384378552_thumb.jp

post-2228-0-69562300-1384378565_thumb.jp

post-2228-0-70785900-1384378599_thumb.jp

Pardon?? :huh:

Sorry buddy.. Just incredible looking seats and a Ricky Gervais quote. Haha

Sorry buddy.. Just incredible looking seats and a Ricky Gervais quote. Haha

hahaha, it was a awesome weekend of racing around taupo, the car preformed really well, only had a couple of issues, one was on the right hand corners when the tank got to about half it started to surge, so just kept it full but ill need to get a surge tank soon, another was on my last lap before the closed the track my throttle body decided to crack by were it mounts to the manifold (go on crunchy say it... I told you so haha) but I was very lucky I got a whole tank and a half of driving first, looks like a alloy intake is on the horizon soon also. I didn't take any pics but there was a lot of people out there with go pro's and cameras so im sure something will surface soon :) so stoked...

• Like 1

found one pic

post-2228-0-22369000-1384713439.jpg

• Like 1

Oh sweet more pics.. cheers Jason, you should have come say hello :) thanks guys like I said before ive never owned a turbo car, I tell ya what im never going back lol it is such a pleasure to drive really responsive the turbo comes on boost at 3k and full boost at 3500rpm around to 7k, I found out 4th gear at max revs takes me to 200kph :P and it don't take long to get there. Really hoping for a vid of the power slides I was doing with smoke curling off the back tyres to appear

I think itll be off the track for a while I get some things sorted on it that need doing, but that's what the power cruise weekend was all about :) well for me anyway, plus was soo much fun running next to big hp muscle cars and rotas and RBs there is so many RBs in skylines and all sorts, there was even a bmw with one in it.. ill be doing it again for sure.

Geez... those wheels are sexy! I suppose it's been answered in the previous 50 pages but what are they?

They are bbs rs-gt's 911 and 912's I have been looking for one rim for about 8yrs now, and after my visit to see ray at hell bm saw some on one of his cars, he had 3 also and been waiting for a forth to come in, I managed to do a deal and get one off him not long ago (cheers ray) made me a very happy man :D You can get them from vivid racing there's a link in the wheel section just look for one of my posts.

Can't get over this car it looks amazing !

Thanks bud im pretty happy how its all come togeather, they say good things take time... no sh*t, a hell of a lot :D

Here's a pic from post #1

E36 318is Automatic

post-2228-0-39062700-1384753175.jpg

Edited by Garett

Found another one :D

post-2228-0-71244800-1384753453_thumb.jp

Yep, Top work there.

Can't wait to see/hear some vids of it in action.

Got to have a but, can't be blowing you too amny kisses...

I reckon some orange indicators front/rear would look good.

And get rid of the 'pool noodle' roll-cage padding, and use some nice SFI stuff: (on the rhs)

padding.jpg

Yep, Top work there.

Can't wait to see/hear some vids of it in action.

Got to have a but, can't be blowing you too amny kisses...

I reckon some orange indicators front/rear would look good.

And get rid of the 'pool noodle' roll-cage padding, and use some nice SFI stuff: (on the rhs)

Yeah I tried some orange indicators on it, didn't look the part so I went with clear, that's the second time ive heard the words pool noodles lol your welcome to sponcer me some if ya like :) ill take the round light coloured one in the middle i'll need 10m of it.

ill tell ya what that pool noodle fia approved padding in my mind makes ya feel pretty safe when driving for some reason its like wearing a bubble suit haha

Just finished installing intake manifold "Gen 2" on my car with 80 throttle body, just recalibrated the tps and set the idle with the laptop. ill need to take it to dynopower to get a tune as it has a lot shorter runners on it, my brothers now going for M3 e46 ITB's on the e30 so im using his intake manifold for the time being. It will be interesting to see what the difference will be from stock length runners to around 50mm shorter... :blink:

...that's the second time ive heard the words pool noodles lol your welcome to sponcer me some if ya like :) ill take the round light coloured one in the middle i'll need 10m of it.

I was actually thinking, when you get sponsored, order 20m and hook a brother up, as I need 10m also *LOL*

Get some pics of the new intake up!!