Sign in to follow this  
jay^

another e30

Hi all, my name is Jay - just bought my first e30 after many years of wanting to have one.

I bought the Hartge 325i that Brent had advertised on behalf. Needs a bit of work but it will be going straight into Ken Bellars on the shore to get several thousand bucks worth of tidying up done - should be pretty tidy in the not too distant future !

post-15464-1308775195.jpg

Great website loads of info - hopefully ill meet some of you around the traps !

Cheers !

Jay

Welcome Jay. Looks like your got a pretty good buy, well done!

You've come to the right place. There's lots of knowledgeable people here who'll help out with any questions you may have.

Please say youre going to lower it a bit? Looks like a monster truck at the moment ha ha. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Enjoy

Thanks for the welcome.

Yep lowering it is definately part of the plan - i understand that Bilstein sports shocks and H&R springs is pretty much the way to go ? or something like this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-385274310.htm ??

Will also be looking for an LSD for it if the budget stretches that far.

Welcome!

Great buy, not such a fan of the kit though.

Yes, Bilstien shocks + H&R springs are an excellent combo however some people would suggest you go for Koni Adjustable Shocks instead but it all depends on your budget.

Yeah dont think ill be going adjustables at this stage - bit of overkill personally.

Any comment on that H&R shock & Spring combo ? Do the Bilsteins perform better ?

I did the H&R/Billy combo..Nice upgrade over stock. Handled OK but wasn't quite low enough for my liking.

Theres a picture somewhere of what my ride height looked like, will dig it up later if you're interested.

Edited by Blackie

Yep that would be awesome thanks - be good to know what i was in for. Dont want to go SUPER low but wouldnt mind it being a good 30 - 40 mm lower than it is now.

I had H&R's and Bilsteins in my E30 and it handled well... not too low but certainly got rid of the monster truck look.

Yep that would be awesome thanks - be good to know what i was in for. Dont want to go SUPER low but wouldnt mind it being a good 30 - 40 mm lower than it is now.

More pictures in my showroom thread

Posted Image

wee update now that she has been lowered ;)

Posted Image

just a bit of an improvement :D

Edited by Jay^

Coming along very nicely there Mr Jay!

CHeers bro - will have to take it for a spin see what you think. Should be getting all the little panel n paint stuff done over the next few weeks then ill leave it alone .. probably.. maybe.... haha