Sign in to follow this  
slvrbmw

1997 E36 OEM-look head unit?

Hi Guys,

My 1997 328i still has the original head unit it was sold with. I want to replace it with a new head unit that will allow direct ipod control through the unit (so the ipod) can stay hidden. Any ideas on a unit that will match the orange colour of BMW's dash lighting?

Cheers

i use a jvc model which you can change the colours to suit

I was wondering the other day whether it'd be possible to change the led's inside the headunit to match the bmw dash lights etc, something I want to do to mine

I was wondering the other day whether it'd be possible to change the led's inside the headunit to match the bmw dash lights etc, something I want to do to mine

Yeah it's possible but they are very likely to be SMD which is a bitch to solder by hand.

Yeah it's possible but they are very likely to be SMD which is a bitch to solder by hand.

I have an Alpine 9887 which can go to BMW orange colour. The iPod input cable plugs into the back so you could easily hide it if you wanted.

Got JVC which has the BMW colour PLUS you can make your own colour if you so please. also has USB plus plug for MP3/ipod cable.

Best of all it was only $180 :D

I have an Alpine 9887 which can go to BMW orange colour. The iPod input cable plugs into the back so you could easily hide it if you wanted.

Same here, works a treat

^^ +1

Mine's a Alpine 9835 back then.

post-450-1309685853.jpg