Sign in to follow this  
mrad01

BMW 1 M Coupe on Top Gear

So you keep saying :D

Head of Marketing and Sales for the M Division has confirmed today there is no production planned for 2012. He seems to leave the door open a bit, but suggests nothing has been confirmed yet.

Fantastic interview well worth a listen

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2011/08/21/bimme...ales-for-bmw-m/

I can't believe how many stories there are going around with this one car. Quite over it really.

Head of Marketing and Sales for the M Division has confirmed today there is no production planned for 2012. He seems to leave the door open a bit, but suggests nothing has been confirmed yet.

Fantastic interview well worth a listen

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2011/08/21/bimme...ales-for-bmw-m/

Whos to say that "we" doesnt mean the US market.

I was told by the local BMW dealer on Saturday that a number (30? I cant reallt recall the correct number) will be coming into NZ next year.

Whos to say that "we" doesnt mean the US market.

I was told by the local BMW dealer on Saturday that a number (30? I cant reallt recall the correct number) will be coming into NZ next year.

As I've said all along, there could be cars in 2012 and I'm happy to be wrong on this, but the interview was with the head of WORLDWIDE (not US) Sales & Marketing for M. I'd be inclined to believe what he says over a local BMW dealer.

As I've said all along, there could be cars in 2012 and I'm happy to be wrong on this, but the interview was with the head of WORLDWIDE (not US) Sales & Marketing for M. I'd be inclined to believe what he says over a local BMW dealer.

You get used to them saying a lot of things though...

Just to confirm the rumours - I just got offered in writing 1 of 12 cars coming in next year - 2 are sold (black and Orange) 10 spots remain.

So not quite the limited production it was made out to be.

Limited however in the sense that this will most likely be the last lot coming into NZ.

So grab one if you really want one - or not if you believe the rumours that the next 1M will share the same engine as the F series M3 : )

Edited by M3_Power

Just to confirm the rumours - I just got offered in writing 1 of 12 cars coming in next year - 2 are sold (black and Orange) 10 spots remain.

Limited however in the sense that this will most likely be the last lot coming into NZ.

So grab one if you really want one - or not if you believe the rumours that the next 1M will share the same engine as the F series M3 : )

Someone should send a memo to head of worldwide sales and marketing! Sounds like these NZ dealers know something he doesn't :P

I hope the next M3 has better engine than the current 1M engine...that was the only weak point of the package (It's still hawt - but the chassis outclassed the powerplant - which was just too laggy)

I hope the next M3 has better engine than the current 1M engine...that was the only weak point of the package (It's still hawt - but the chassis outclassed the powerplant - which was just too laggy)

Anti lag system? Pop, pop, pop boost.

Anti lag system? Pop, pop, pop boost.

....or, less tech and a high revving normally aspirated V8?? Oh.....

;-)

V8s belong in M5s, norm aspirated 3 litre straight six is where it's at. Thing of the pass however.

V8s belong in M5s, norm aspirated 3 litre straight six is where it's at. Thing of the pass however.

Maybe. The greatest M5 of all time had the V10 as we know, you cannot compare the lazy V8 of the e39 with that v10 on any scale, but that is progress. If the M3 or M5 have any sort of turbo lag, I might have to start looking at another brand...which I don't want to do, but there is nothing worse than lag...

The e46 CSL i6 was a keeper, that was a brilliant bit of kit. Other than that, I'd stick with the e90 V8...

Interesting times ahead (hopefully not laggy times like the 1M...)