Sign in to follow this  
Diaco

japan sat nav radio & cd change to nz

I have just purchased a 2004 525 from Japan and bmw dealer in wellington say that the sat/nav radio & cd unit are not compatible with nz and all would have to be replaced is this true,? can someone advise me

I have just purchased a 2004 525 from Japan and bmw dealer in wellington say that the sat/nav radio & cd unit are not compatible with nz and all would have to be replaced is this true,? can someone advise me

Yes, the main computer has major hardware difference. We can do full sat/nav conversion for your car in Wellington. Also alot of other retrofit solutions for your car are avialable such as bluetooth, ipod.

Talk to us if you want to know more.

The only device that is not compatible is the DVD nav drive in the boot.

Everything else works

Replace the nav drive (also known as a nav computer) with the Euro Mk4 nav and you will have a fully functional nav system which works in NZ

The radio is reprogrammable, so don't fit a band expander, just set the AREA to EUROPE and it works perfectly

The TV just needs it Region set to PAL Europe and it works perfectly

Everything else works

Replace the nav drive (also known as a nav computer) with the Euro Mk4 nav and you will have a fully functional nav system which works in NZ

The radio is reprogrammable, so don't fit a band expander, just set the AREA to EUROPE and it works perfectly

I am pretty sure all BMW 5 after 2004 are E60 with iDrive system. Since it is not E39, so it will not going to be MK navi system in boot.

Special coding and programming has to be done with new ECE version of CCC.

Radio also need special coding for E60, also TV in momotion as well

Thanks for that info,we did speak on the phone some weeks ago, and since then on14 June the car started then lost all electrical power to lights, windows, wipers, and many more functions plus screen displayed" Complete Electronic Failure" do not drive this vehicle! BMW then had the car towed to their workshop and then informed me that the car was drawing excess current of 4.1amps and was diagnosed as the KBM module and would be $1300.00 to fix, I gave them the authority to proceed,they advised me that it would be 10 days to get the part from Germany.On 28 June BMW rang to say that KBM module had been fitted and that the AT-CCC MD was now showing faulty and would cost a further $1800-00 with 10 day delivery from Germany which I have approved ( I have no option to do otherwise ) BMW inferred that some one had interfered with the car in NZ which is not possible as I imported the car saw it taken to the certifiers then i drove it away. BMW then serviced the car on 8 June and confirmed the Kilometers of 52000 and that all scheduled services had been done by BMW in Japan so nobody would have any reason to"interfere". My wife and I then to Taupo for a 4 Day break returning monday 13 June and the car performed perfectly to our satisfaction.

So after my sad experience with my first BMW ! the question is what changes do you propose and will they be compatible with the cars electronics and what cost

Everything else works

Thanks for your prompt response, Car is E60 with idrive sat nav in boot and c/d player in glove box, please refer my reply to SWautomotive.look forward to your rely

that the AT-CCC MD was now showing faulty and would cost a further $1800-00 with 10 day delivery from Germany which I have approved ( I have no option to do otherwise )

Well as I said on the phone, there was the option for you. AT-CCC MD is only for Japanese BMW, for navigation conversion, this part will be replaced by ECE version of CCC anyway. so if you got a faulty CCC then it will be fully taken care of by our navigation conversion job.

Anyway, they will not going to cancel the order as it is half way in transit to NZ, and they also advised that if you cancel the order, no one want this unit (of course no one want it, because it is Japanese version).

BMW dealer only do simple procedures by using their dummy tools, so they will not be able to do a lot of things or know how the coding and programming can be customzied.

If anyone else has the similar issue with their cars please contact us before proceeding the parts order with BMW dealer.

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

Everything else works

Hi Jochen,

I have just purchased a 2005 525i originally imported from Japan. How do I change the TV region as cannot find where to do this?

Cheers Sprocko

Hi Jochen,

I have just purchased a 2005 525i originally imported from Japan. How do I change the TV region as cannot find where to do this?

Cheers Sprocko

make sure tv is on, then go back to setting menu in idrive mean screen, then in graphic section you can choose TV region to NZ

If you need FM radio conversion or Navigation conversion please contact us.

make sure tv is on, then go back to setting menu in idrive mean screen, then in graphic section you can choose TV region to NZ

If you need FM radio conversion or Navigation conversion please contact us.