Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

Prices needed.

Hey guys, have come across an actual barn find recently and have the option of possibly aquiring it, my question is what it be worth all tidied up, absolute mess at the moment.

The vehicle is a 1966 Nissan Cedric Dulux Special. (Not a Datson).

It has only travelled 10,000 miles, interior is red wine vinyl. Bit used but still ok.

Engine is OHC straight six, dual carb.

You Nissan guys that are part of clubs might have an idea or know someone who would. Just looking at tidying it up and flicking it on.

Apperently the vehicle was given brand new to a Dressage competitor in '66 and was a one off special or so the story goes.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Edit: This is what it looks like:

Posted Image

Edited by Greg.

try oldschool.co.nz they're all obsessed with old crowns and presidents and sh*t...and MX5's for some strange reason, anyway they may have a better idea on $$$$

What do you mean by absolute mess, I would hang onto it for a while slowly tidy it up, but more details mess? 10k miles?

What do you mean by absolute mess, I would hang onto it for a while slowly tidy it up, but more details mess? 10k miles?

Yep the speedo is six digits and only has 10,000miles, not 100,000.

When i say absolute mess i mean from what i can see in the very dark shed sorrounded by tractors, farm machinery and about ten years of dust! It might even scrub up quite well?

Don't know how much of a job it'll be to get the motor going but am always up for a challenge ha.

Thanks Andrew, will do.

Edited by Greg.

Yep the speedo is six digits and only has 10,000miles, not 100,000.

When i say absolute mess i mean from what i can see in the very dark shed sorrounded by tractors, farm machinery and about ten years of dust! It might even scrub up quite well?

Don't know how much of a job it'll be to get the motor going but am always up for a challenge ha.

Thanks Andrew, will do.

One with 20k on it sold through Turners in Christchurch about 3 years ago, went for 17k and went to Japan

One with 20k on it sold through Turners in Christchurch about 3 years ago, went for 17k and went to Japan

Really? Wouldn't have thought they were that sort after? Might be worth doing.

Thanks Owen.

It looks Russian! Kinda cool though if you could get it back to original? Say they are work 20 slides, you'd have to estimate what it's worth to do up and then double it.

Cheers guys for the feedback, i will make it my goal to get it out of the shed this weekend, will take a good part of a day,(very buried in the back), clean it up and see where we go from there.

Nice find Greg, Ill be keen to check it out if/once you get it

You'd be suprised how well it mite come up with a good wash and polish.

That old paint can be pretty tuff stuff. Alot more forgiving than modern paints

Nice find Greg, Ill be keen to check it out if/once you get it

You'd be suprised how well it mite come up with a good wash and polish.

That old paint can be pretty tuff stuff. Alot more forgiving than modern paints

Yep no worries man, having only travelled 10,000miles the paint should be pretty sweet under all the dirt. Passed on that house by the way for a few reasons.

Any rubber parts might be another story.

Nice find dude .. will defanitely be worth something if its in great condition.

Right, bit of an update, the vehicle is now in my possesion, now that i can see it in the light it is very much not mint at all, 10 years of sitting has taken its toll big time.

On the bright side a bit of engine start down the carby and it fired into life staight away and ran on its own accored on all six cylinders, the clutch however fell to the ground, attempted to bleed it but had no luck so have removed the master cylinder as i believe that is the problem.

Have changed the oil and filter also.

Am about to head out now and bleed all the brakes too.

What if ind strange is the Cedric is equipped with front and rear central heating that can be controlled by the rear which is pretty flash also has front and rear electric windows......that work! Four speaker stereo system too.

I noticed too that there is two red round lights sitting on each side of the pacel tray like old shcool cop cars???

Will tidy up a bit and take some photos.

Edit: Have contacted Nissan NZ and had no help with infomation on the "Special" side of things so have gone to the big guns in Japan.

I don't think i mentioned the "1 of 6" badge on the boot either.

Edited by Greg.

Right, bit of an update, the vehicle is now in my possesion, now that i can see it in the light it is very much not mint at all, 10 years of sitting has taken its toll big time.

On the bright side a bit of engine start down the carby and it fired into life staight away and ran on its own accored on all six cylinders, the clutch however fell to the ground, attempted to bleed it but had no luck so have removed the master cylinder as i believe that is the problem.

Have changed the oil and filter also.

Am about to head out now and bleed all the brakes too.

What if ind strange is the Cedric is equipped with front and rear central heating that can be controlled by the rear which is pretty flash also has front and rear electric windows......that work! Four speaker stereo system too.

I noticed too that there is two red round lights sitting on each side of the pacel tray like old shcool cop cars???

Will tidy up a bit and take some photos.

Edit: Have contacted Nissan NZ and had no help with infomation on the "Special" side of things so have gone to the big guns in Japan.

I don't think i mentioned the "1 of 6" badge on the boot either.

1 of 6 or i6?

The six in special six stands for inline six cylinder, this one is definetly a special one as the ones i've searched on the internet have all had bench seats in the front and just normal material where as this has bucket seats in red suede, might even be leather as it's very soft. The other ones have also got wind windows and no controls in the rear for the central heating.

Brakes are all bled up and working good now.

Cheers Jono.

I've just realised i've uploaded the wrong photo, that one might be a little older i think?

Posted Image

Can't find any better ones.

One lucky fella, sounds like an epic find, how long are you gonna make us wait for the real pics? :D

Are you plans to restore/sell? Profit $$

I'll get it up to photo standerds first, i'll try do as much as possible to get it back to road worthy and maybe make some money. (Try)

Gives me something to do really, the other two cars are pretty much up to scratch except the M3 that popped a rear shock last week :( A no longer avaliable AC Schnitzer one.

Been a while but it goes, quite well too being a '66 and been sitting for 10+ years, first of all did an oil service, filled with fuel, fitted battery and started it with the flick of the ignition.

Fitted new clutch master cylinder as the original failed as soon as i put my foot on the pedal, bled the clutch and all brakes.

Reseated the rear brake shoes as they were stuck to the drums, 10 years of handbrake being on does that.

It's not a tidy car but has the potential to be.

Posted Image

Posted Image