Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

RWC 2011 not in 3D

Have just received advice that the RWC 2011 won't be broadcast in 3D to NZ but will be to overseas? I imagined it would be Sky NZ broadcasting the matches yet they won't be giving it to us kiwis?!!?!

WTF!

The three people that actually have 3D TV's should organise a hikoi march on parliment... :)

I didn't even know you had to pay for it!?

I would have been keen, had a look at the road show that was going around and it looked pretty good!

One pair of glasses is enough for me. I don't really want to have to wear two to watch my telly.

The three people that actually have 3D TV's should organise a hikoi march on parliment... :)

the majority of t.vs sold now are 3d

We sell 3D Samsung 43" Plasmas for $999 and we've sold more 3D televisions than conventional 2D sets.

I wasn't aware that you were going to have to pay for it as well. It's a bugger really especially the fact that overseas will receive 3D coverage.

the price difference between one particular 40" LED tv is 100 bucks with/without 3D... not really worth getting the slower (50hz) panel over the (100hz) panel to save 100 bucks....

The 3D matches were only going to be those played at Eden Park......

They had nothing to do with Sky TV

I called the 0800 759 759 number today to see for sure what they are doing about 3D they said they were no longer broadcasting it on SkySport - it was Sky all along as far as I knew as Sky have the rights.

They were also going to show it in movie theatres but at ~$120 a ticket, I'm not surprised that the tickets didn't sell.

I called the 0800 759 759 number today to see for sure what they are doing about 3D they said they were no longer broadcasting it on SkySport - it was Sky all along as far as I knew as Sky have the rights.

3D Live (who have gone bust) we're doing the 3D matches at Eden Park....

3D is over-rated IMO, especially with those silly glasses.

^^^ 2 Guys who have not seen GT5 in 3D!!!

Would change tour mind on 3D instantly ;)

I did tried GT5 in 3D and the effects are there. But the 3D glasses on top of my normal glasses makes it a awkward and uncomfortable. Also, maybe it's the model of TV I find it a bit flickering and lack the fluid motion as on normal 2D.

I did tried GT5 in 3D and the effects are there. But the 3D glasses on top of my normal glasses makes it a awkward and uncomfortable. Also, maybe it's the model of TV I find it a bit flickering and lack the fluid motion as on normal 2D.

Fluro lights can make them flicker, aswell as flat batteries - you can also buy glasses (Samsung does anyway) designed to go over your normal glasses (decent ones) they are expensive but worth it. I have 4x of these SSG-3700CR You can buy the prescription ready glasses for around $250-$300

A decent movie on a decent TV (the cheaper plasma's aren't as good as a high end Samsung/LG) cannot be compared to the movies!

IMO it's not going to be a phase or a (laser disc phase) as alot of TV's sold are now 3D.

So, the "entry fee" for a decent 3D experience would be around 5-grand. (decent 46+ inch TV + extra glasses + sound system). I shall give that some thoughts.

So, the "entry fee" for a decent 3D experience would be around 5-grand. (decent 46+ inch TV + extra glasses + sound system). I shall give that some thoughts.

You'd get a nice 55" Samsung 3D which has the converter - not just 3D ready meaning it can convert normal TV/blu ray/DVD e.t.c. - it's not as good as an actual 3D disk, but great watching sports with - for around under 4k with 4 glasses, you get a set with the TV and you'd achieve this very easily for 4 grand. PM Me if you're ever interested

UA55D660 Samsung

Good home theatre system with that would be THIS

With that model you can use your smart phone over wifi as a remote control - use it as a keyboard for the internet on it e.t.c. Also that model has wifi built in.

My price on those would be about $3800 delivered (TV, Theatre, two extra sets of glasses which comes with a 3D Blu-Ray) - IF you didn't want the 3D converter TV (TV still plays 3D Signals from 3D Blu-Ray Player) you'd be looking at about $3300ish.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

That is a 3D TV and given it's specifications most would consider it to be on a different planet compared to the TV I've linked above. The bezel on that TV is huge! Our cheapest Plasmas are 600hz or equivalent, yet even a 100hz LED is far superior to a 600hz Plasma. This is mostly evident especially when say the credits at the end of a film are sliding down the screen or someone walking across the screen.

600hz sub field drive [ 120FPS 3D]. Wont get into a battle over the forums but just saying what i think is the better tv in my eyes if you sell these things you should know its all down to what people see from the TV not what you see, Things you also need to tell people is that you cant lie down and watch a 3d movie with this LED screen. But you can with the pana plasma screens.

Just as im not sure does the 6600 offer the 3d depth slider?

Also do you know about the neo plasma pixel shading? and the way they mix the 3d frames?

http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/asia2011/te...gies/index.html

And also panasonic offer avatar in 3d for free =D

Edited by 5amchris

Those Samsung glasses are cool. The major turn-off for me in the whole 3D thing is the glasses. I should look into this further. Or do you guys think there will be major spec changes under Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative?

Just wait a few years we dont have anything showing on TV in real 3d atm and i do think there will be a Hugh jump in technology. The thing with tv's with no 3d glasses is the viewing angles, if you are always sitting in front of the tv + - 5* it would be easy but as people want to sit anywhere in the room the tv has to find out where you are sitting and focus the 3d in your direction