Sign in to follow this  
benamobob

Grey 540i

Broken link?

I'd assume it would have the infamous shimmy and other steering related issues.

250ks + lowered hmmmm

Very nice, Ks are low compared to some 540s i've seen/driven. Could be manually converted easily by someone on here too :ph34r:

e34 and e39 quite diferent cars...the E34 is a much more "tactile" car.The e39 is a much Nicer car,the e34 will put a grin on yer face

So the km's aren't really a problem? :D is there any any other problems i should look out for other than what E36V8 mentioned? Going down to see it this weekend. While the E39 would be amazing to drive, i really don't like the shape compared to the E34. Manual conversion is definitely on the cards

Shimmys.

Erratic/rough idle usually means intake manifold gaskets

OBC warnings referring to rear light clusters are usually a broken loom in the boot

Make sure trans is shifting smoothly. Drive it when its cold and listen for a whine. Check for stalling when N selected etc.

Look for evidence of coolant leaks in the engine bay.

Not much else goes wrong with these cars.

Be aware that $5800 is optimistic.

e34 and e39 quite diferent cars...the E34 is a much more "tactile" car.The e39 is a much Nicer car,the e34 will put a grin on yer face

Have to disagree.. the e39 is far superior in every way & shitloads more fun to drive ( read faster lol)

also the PCV valve on the back of the intake manifold , smoke on start up , rough idle etc

No doubt the E39 handles and is faster etc but E34 feels alot more like a drivers car.

Prefer the E34 mainly because you can get manual box fairly easy, more character with classic bmw looks & driver-centric controls and feels alot better built than e39(less sh*t plastics)

No doubt the E39 handles and is faster etc but E34 feels alot more like a drivers car.

Prefer the E34 mainly because you can get manual box fairly easy, more character with classic bmw looks & driver-centric controls and feels alot better built than e39(less sh*t plastics)

lol Jared...youre just oldskool lmfao

lol Jared...youre just oldskool lmfao

i must be too..i was surprised that i was not particularly impressed with a e39 540 six speed.When i jumped back into the 535 i expected to be disapointed....i was not