Sign in to follow this  
dreadful1

330, my version.

Just a little wee update on what I've been doing with the car..

Not that much really, Got a UUC short shifter installed in it by ray :)

and now doing this:

Posted Image

Planning to DIY the whole car. Did this on my own and took 3 hours... it is pretty hard without someone holding the vinyl for ya!

If any of you guys are experienced please give me a hand and beers would be provided!! or even tips!

Also anyone know where I can get 3M 94 tape primer from?

ask Seth @CarFolie? or Colourworks?

good effort bro, looking good

you can keep the vinyl unpeeled and hold it over the area you want and heat gun it from like 30cm away on low heat to shape/mould the vinyl, then apply it while using soapy water so you can move it around and get the position correct then use a rubber thingy (dont know what its called) to push the water out from underneath. and it will help to have someone helping. many hands make light work!

Finished vinyling all the car apart from the rear lip which I will do tomorrow but I couldn't wait to drive it after 2.5 weeks of it in the garage!

Also made a lip from poly carbonate.

Just a low-res photo at night using an Iphone for now...

Posted Image

Might be the night time shot but I'm not in love with the colour next to the wheels. That said, it looks like you've done a great job with the vinyl. Was it difficult?

I dig the red wheels though!

Loving the colour! Not really feeling the front lip colour though, other than that looking good!

The colour combo looks good on a car designed for the racetrack, not a family car that cruises the streets of Auckland!

Posted Image

Can confirm that it looks much better in person. I was a little unsure at first but I approve now.

Wow - It's certainly changed!

I'm not a fan but good on you for doing it how you want it, that's what it's about.

^ +1 Digging the look man the colours growing on me, Not so sure bout the lip as well but hey its your car and if you think it looks sick thats all that matters!

just an opinion, i think it would look cool with a set of m3 side mirrors (also painted red)..

btw, where is the license plate going? i always thought it looked weird when its on the mesh part rather than the actual bumper

I think I'm just going to keep the mirrors grey but im getting a set of sticker numberplates made for the front :)

thanks for the feedback guys

I think I'm just going to keep the mirrors grey but im getting a set of sticker numberplates made for the front :)

thanks for the feedback guys

Looking good! Except maybe the lip would look better black (personal preference). Impressed with how it turned out.

Are the sticker plates legal? Would like a set but not the fine it comes with lol

I don't think they are 'fully' legal but you can get them in the exact font as the number plates and the same size and in reflective material so cops don't really mind too much but I would keep the original in the car just in case. Also a cheaper upgrade to a europlate :P

I don't think they are 'fully' legal but you can get them in the exact font as the number plates and the same size and in reflective material so cops don't really mind too much but I would keep the original in the car just in case. Also a cheaper upgrade to a europlate :P

Haha same risk as running the europlates then! But the sticker plate will blend in a lot better seeing as the bumper doesn't have the black strips like most do. Can't wait to see this hanging outside Owen Glenn Building lol

Looking good mate! Is that an OEM BMW colour or just a random one? And out of interest where do you get the sticker plates made up?

Edited by scott_e30