Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Attention BMW e65 7 series owners! CD Changer repair

I recently purchased a e65 7 series that had a non functioning 6 disc cd changer. After doing some research this problem seems to happen on almost every e65 7 series, most owners out of warranty never bothered to fix it.

I managed to find the simple problem behind the cause for the cd changer to fail. After removing the cd changer from my car and inspecting the cd changer mechanisms closely. I noticed that a lot of the lubrication on the internal parts of the CD changer had worn out and was dirty. So i cleaned it up and applied some spray lubircant.

Reassembled everything and voila, a perfect working CD changer. I just saved myself an expensive $1k+ trip to the dealer to have this replaced. I also scored myself 6 new CD's stuck in their from the previous owner yipee.

If anyone needs any guidance on how to go about this repair, let me know!

• Like 2

I recently purchased a e65 7 series that had a non functioning 6 disc cd changer. After doing some research this problem seems to happen on almost every e65 7 series, most owners out of warranty never bothered to fix it.

I managed to find the simple problem behind the cause for the cd changer to fail. After removing the cd changer from my car and inspecting the cd changer mechanisms closely. I noticed that a lot of the lubrication on the internal parts of the CD changer had worn out and was dirty. So i cleaned it up and applied some spray lubircant.

Reassembled everything and voila, a perfect working CD changer. I just saved myself an expensive $1k+ trip to the dealer to have this replaced. I also scored myself 6 new CD's stuck in their from the previous owner yipee.

If anyone needs any guidance on how to go about this repair, let me know!

yes i have the same problem with my car please if you can post a video on how to fix the problem i would apreciate it a lot thank you

yes i have the same problem with my car please if you can post a video on how to fix the problem i would apreciate it a lot thank you

Can you please give more info on how to do it or maybe share a video?

havent seen toby around for a while. could be worth sending him a private message so he gets an email..