Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Genuine BMW E36 M3 1995 3.0 Liter Front Upper Strut / Shock Mounts Lef

Selling BRAND NEW Genuine BMW E36 M3 1995 3.0 Liter Front Upper Strut / Shock Mounts Left and Right

post-4193-1313826244.jpg

post-4193-1313826252.jpg

$260 FIRM Including Delivery

Edited by swordfish

BUMP!!!

For those who are interested they will fit non-m3 E36s with offset lower control arm bushes.

interested, what will these do to wheel camber and toe? If i get offset bushes too.

Ups I could be wrong :unsure: Here is the write up that might help you to figure this out :)

One of the first things you may notice: most parts catalogs list shocks/springs/struts for the E36 with 3 different fitments... 1 for the 95 M3, 1 for the 96+ M3, and 1 for all other E36s built after 6/92. This is crap.

First, be aware that all E36 coupes and sedans have the same chassis mounting points.

Second, there is no reason for 95 M3 aftermarket parts to be different from 96+ M3 aftermarket parts, unless you are looking to mix and match. Then the issue becomes spring perch diameters. At the top, stock E36 and 95 M3s have the same diameter upper spring perch (although the part number is different). The 1996+ M3s have a slightly smaller upper perch. At the bottom, non-M3 springs are a significantly larger diameter, so it follows that the lower spring perches welded onto non-M3 struts are too big for M3 springs.

From this, you can conclude that any M3 spring will fit any M3 strut, with the appropriate upper perch.

As far as the "early" 1992 325s.... The 1992 325i/325is built before June of '92 use all the same front suspension mounting locations as the later cars, but the struts, spring diameters, and strut mounts are all a little different. Also, the swaybar attaches to the strut body with a droplink, which is how it is configured on all E36 M3s, rather than to the control arm, as it does on all other E36s. The rear is the same as other E36s.

To upgrade the suspension on one of these early cars, you need to do the whole package including sta-bars (due to the width of the stock bar relative to the control arm mounting locations), but that package can be intended for any E36.

As a result you will get increased caster and negative camber. I am not sure about that spring issue... I would think that the strut mounts would have nothing to do with that. <_<

Bump!!! Last chance for those who are interested. I will put them on trademe in a week, grab them before they are gone!

Bump! For the sunny day :) Last chance to buy them that cheap!!! I will take them off the market next week for my future project :rolleyes:

Bump! Price droped to $270, which is way below what I have bought them for. This is the cheapest Genuine BMW part you will ever buy. So don't miss out.

Also, I will soon will have full suspension from M3 95 Euro (100k on it), struts (none of them have leaks, changing due to new upgrades), springs, almost brand new rear strut mounts and all the nuts and bolts with it. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers

Last bump before it goes on TradeMe. Price dropped to $260 including delivery anywhere around New Zealand.

I'm interested if you've still got them.

Pretty sure we actually know each other. I'm Theo's mate Callum (from Auckland). About a month ago I bought exactly the same model as Gab's car. 98 323M.

Edited by Callum

Also, I will soon will have full suspension from M3 95 Euro (100k on it), struts (none of them have leaks, changing due to new upgrades), springs, almost brand new rear strut mounts and all the nuts and bolts with it. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers

Are the control arms for sale?

Are the control arms for sale?

yes they will be i'll make a separate post for those as soon as I get a chance. Cheers