Sign in to follow this  
Tiddlywinks

I'd love this level of control over my car

Pretty impressive, had a laugh when he hit the wall at the start.

Pretty impressive, had a laugh when he hit the wall at the start.

I thought the bloke on the sedgway was brave or stupid, no go with brave.

Can't get over this guys driving, will never get sick of watching these films! Lot of skill.

Its impressive but its really just stunt work with a specially prepared vehicle,multiple shots and heavy editing.His race results in rallies are pretty crap to be honest. Watch loeb doing it live on a real road with ever changing conditions and a car thats losing brakes or tyre airpressure or maybe lost a few gears takes more skill in my opinion

Same thing with the guys that do mountain bike street hopping tricks,football juggling,basketball trick shots,theyre more circus performers than actual sports players

Its impressive but its really just stunt work with a specially prepared vehicle,multiple shots and heavy editing.His race results in rallies are pretty crap to be honest. Watch loeb doing it live on a real road with ever changing conditions and a car thats losing brakes or tyre airpressure or maybe lost a few gears takes more skill in my opinion

Same thing with the guys that do mountain bike street hopping tricks,football juggling,basketball trick shots,theyre more circus performers than actual sports players

Exactly, he can practice the same circuit as much as he wants till he has perfected it.

/notjelly.

Love that stunt, crazy seeing an F1 car in the dirt :o :o

Agreed. Anyone can drive the same circuit/course over and over again and get better at it. Gymkana is all about practice and more practice, his video has been cut so many times its just a joke, look at the skid marks from practicing on every shot :wacko:

Throw in some unpredictable rally and he is useless, f**k knows how they can afford their campaign, he wrights a car off every rally. Just shows all you need to compete is a cool hat and a sh*t load of money, Hayden Paddon would rip him a new one, hell he even beats him in a production rally car!

Honestly, my mum could make a video like that with enough practice.

The VIDEO is good to watch, quite enjoyable.

f**k knows how they can afford their campaign, he wrights a car off every rally. Just shows all you need to compete is a cool hat and a sh*t load of money

But he HAS a cool hat, a shitload of money and he DOES compete. Ken Block is a founder of DC as most know, I don't think I'd do much differently to be honest. I'd probably be racing the pants off everything I was allowed to and filming it in super slo-mo too.

Reminds me of Jimmy Carr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzLlLM7Rgm8....be&t=5m13s

I'd like to see that :P

Edited by Pjay

There is a video I seen where he was doing this same sort of thing but in a car park, It also showed the out takes at the end and the amount of things that were hit during filming. As somebody else said amazing what you can do with editing.

Mind you I would love to have the $$ to be able to muck around trying that sort of thing.

Edited by M-Spec

Agreed. Anyone can drive the same circuit/course over and over again and get better at it. Gymkana is all about practice and more practice, his video has been cut so many times its just a joke, look at the skid marks from practicing on every shot :wacko:

Throw in some unpredictable rally and he is useless, f**k knows how they can afford their campaign, he wrights a car off every rally. Just shows all you need to compete is a cool hat and a sh*t load of money, Hayden Paddon would rip him a new one, hell he even beats him in a production rally car!

Give the man some credit. Sure he's no Sebastian Loeb, and his actual rallying skills are sh*t, but I think his skill in the videos are still undeniable (even with the amount of practice he gets).

It's easy to say it's a piece of piss... given enough practice... it's all editing rah rah rah. But the fact is he has proven he is capable of those stunts. What have the haters shown they're capable of?

Give the man some credit. Sure he's no Sebastian Loeb, and his actual rallying skills are sh*t, but I think his skill in the videos are still undeniable (even with the amount of practice he gets).

It's easy to say it's a piece of piss... given enough practice... it's all editing rah rah rah. But the fact is he has proven he is capable of those stunts. What have the haters shown they're capable of?

Why does a 'hater' have to be better than the person they're supposedly 'hating'?

Why does a 'hater' have to be better than the person they're supposedly 'hating'?

Because you look like a twat if you rip on someone's skills but actually suck harder than them.

Agree?

Because you look like a twat if you rip on someone's skills but actually suck harder than them.

Agree?

Not at all.

You look more like a twat calling a person a hater just because they dislike some thing that you like.

Not at all.

You look more like a twat calling a person a hater just because they dislike some thing that you like.

Read my original post.

Difference of opinions is not why I called him a hater. Here's what a hater means because you obviously have no idea (the context I used it in was spot on for the record).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

I didn't disagree with Apex on the fact Ken Block is SHITE at rallying. That's hadly debatable.

I did call him out for the "My mum could do better call" (obviously an exaggeration but I still don't agree with the point)

Criticising KB's video and his lack of talent is hardly credible when (with respect Apex) you have absolutely no proof you are anywhere near as good. Yes I know you're a good driver with Targa and such events under your belt (hell you'd out drive me blindfolded). But give KB some credit. The videos are verrry impressive and to say anyone could do what he does is just rubbish.

Anyway... I'm late for work.

polly is hating on a hater of haters.

Posted Image

Edited by Pjay

Read my original post.

Difference of opinions is not why I called him a hater. Here's what a hater means because you obviously have no idea (the context I used it in was spot on for the record).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

I didn't disagree with Apex on the fact Ken Block is SHITE at rallying. That's hadly debatable.

I did call him out for the "My mum could do better call" (obviously an exaggeration but I still don't agree with the point)

Criticising KB's video and his lack of talent is hardly credible when (with respect Apex) you have absolutely no proof you are anywhere near as good. Yes I know you're a good driver with Targa and such events under your belt (hell you'd out drive me blindfolded). But give KB some credit. The videos are verrry impressive and to say anyone could do what he does is just rubbish.

Anyway... I'm late for work.

10,000,000 people think the French rugby team suck and yet can’t play rugby themselves. Most of us like to comment on how the All blacks can do things better.

I was not commenting from a drivers point of view, I was commenting from a spectators point of view and can say he sucks hard, I also say it because it disappoints me that he is campaigning WRC when there are thousands of drivers that would wipe the floor with him waiting for a WRC drive, in the old days of WRC you got a drive based on how well you drive not how many shoes you sell, it sucks that motorsport at a professional level is dictated by money. He is modest though and can admit he sucks.

Saying my mum could make an impressive Gymkhana video may be a slight exaggeration but your average driver could easily make a awesome video with a flash camera, a stack of spares and tyres, a specially built car and 4 weeks of practice compiled into a 120 second video. If you closed the lap top and ventured to a real Gymkhana event you will see 14 year old farm kids doing more impressive manoeuvres in 80’s Japers.

I do love the video’s, they are awesome, I was just pointing out how bulshit they are, I have friends who actually thought that was done in one take and commented that he was the god of driving holding him in higher regard than actual good drivers.

Exactly, he can practice the same circuit as much as he wants till he has perfected it.

/notjelly.

There's a shitload of black marks in the same driving lines that he was doing, can only guess it was from alot of practice, still he's a better driver than me which isn't hard!

Always loved this one too: http://vimeo.com/9943339

the DA boys have some pretty cool cars, and i like the fact that there arent heaps of black marks everywhere from practice either.