Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Spot the diff

Guest Andrew

Well I finally decided to get rid of the 4x4 springs i had.. I kinda miss them.

On a side note.. the bushings that we group bought.. don't fit some early e30s. Really only the 83/84/85 people have to worry. It can be machined to fit.

Anyway..

BEFORE

post-9-1073545227.jpg

Guest Andrew

was getting a little dark.. its hard to see the diff.. but you can. Its one of those things you have to see for yaself. (I can say without a doubt I had the highest e30).

Tints make it look better, but dont go overoard. Today i drove past a guy who had it.. well looking like a mirror, with one window down.. Its pretty lame...

woohoo! no more 4X4......tint look surprisingly good on orange....hate those mirror tints....so rice! spose its good for security though....

Andrew, can you elaborate on the bush issue. What bush, what part of it etc...

What year is yours?? Did yours not go in?? Is your car a SA model (as they won't have them in the UK where the bushes come from)??

I have a '85 not too phased if there are a few complications, You think there would be some mention of it on the Powerflex website though!?!?!

I'll have to tell them to put a note in or something.

andrews is 84.....ill be putting in sooner or later and mine was also made in SA but is 88 so ill let you know how mine goes...hopefully will be easier!

So Andrews is a '84 SA 320i.

Mine is a '85 german 323i. Hopefully they will go in easy too.

Guest Andrew

It was a problem all round. The hole is way to small for the bush to fit through, it needs to be machined out a bit (lots) for it to fit.

Daves is German 85 and from peeking at his car, it looks the same as mine.

haha..will have to do a comparison between my jamex superlows when the fronts come out

woohoo! no more 4X4......tint look surprisingly good on orange....hate those mirror tints....so rice! spose its good for security though....

tinted windows actually make security worse - unless you get those solace ones that wont let the window fold in on itself that is. normal tinted windows shatter when smashed, but because of the tinted windows they hold in, and can be pushed in by hand.... making the whole process very silent - and it means that unless you got a mean as glass break sensor your alarm aint gunna go off unless they open the doors.... hence the reason im only going to get the type of tint that wont let the window be pushed in... like the ones shown on high octane 3...