Sign in to follow this  
jasonbelesky

e36 325i auto trans

Hey all, just buying / bought a 1993 e36 325i coupe nz new

Tidy tidy tidy, trans is a touch iffy, it seems fluid may be low so maybe a flush out and top up migth be the thing that gets it right,

However i thought i would chuck a wtb listing incase some one has a ZF 5 speed automatic box lying around just incase i do need to replace mine at some stage!

Please send me a pm or text that would be great.

Jason

Can do.

I have an auto transmission from a 1996 325 that has done 132Km. $145 plus freight.

Hey all, just buying / bought a 1993 e36 325i coupe nz new

Tidy tidy tidy, trans is a touch iffy, it seems fluid may be low so maybe a flush out and top up migth be the thing that gets it right,

However i thought i would chuck a wtb listing incase some one has a ZF 5 speed automatic box lying around just incase i do need to replace mine at some stage!

Please send me a pm or text that would be great.

Jason

check the pinout on the plug and actual partnumber off the trans, further to 5hp18 ,there should be a bmw part number as well

hate for you to get the wrong box

cheers

Jon

sorry to hijack the thread, looking for the same thing, out of a '97 323i. I found this which might help you in your search, it shows gear ratios between different trans (for the US, but assume it should be the same here) http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/GearRatios.htm its the final drive and redline limit that are the main differences in the e36 3 series.