Sign in to follow this  
max

Bore Out Steel Wheels for E30?

I'm after a set of 15" or 16" steelies for my e30, but I'm finding it pretty tough (if not impossible?) to find them with the correct centrebore. And i'd far perfer 15's or 16's over the bmw 14's.

Wheels off Suzuki swifts, and a few Honda/Toyota have 15" with 4x100 and similar offsets but with a smaller centrebore. Swift wheels are 54mm i think.

Is it possible to bore out these wheels to fit the e30, and if so, is it pricey?

Cheers!

not to sure as a permanent solution but as skid rims got a set of swift ones that i took a drill to it (big hole saw one) getting it done propperly shouldnt cost to much and could be done but why steelies?? get something that an e30 wil look good with and not ruff like most i see out these days.

How do those swift rims fit around the brakes? Offset's a bit different isn't it?

I'm looking to widen the steelies and get them powdercoated like these >

Done right I reckon it can look rad!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah wide steelies+e30 look sick! It's one of my wheel options that I'm trying to decide from as well.

You can get some custom wide steelies made up, without needing to supply any wheels, pretty cheap too.

Try these guys HERE

They can be up to 9" wide I think.

The black touring looks like it has widened VW g60 corrado steelies, far more of them in europe than over here sadly.

Another option is new mini steelies which are 15 inch and 4 x 100, unsure on the offset, probably have to add spacers to clear calipers on the inside then just get them widened.

Cool, I'll give Elite Wheel Co down here a call.

Was thinking around 8" or 8.5"at this stage, 19" seems a bit excessive haha..

The Mini wheels seem legit, but the centrebore is off, re-drilling's an option but is it dodgy/legal?

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to spacers, the offset on the Mini steels are ET45, e30's are 25 aren't they? What's the deal with spacers are they expensive or require cert?

apologies for the n00b questions but I've gotta start somewhere!

Cool, I'll give Elite Wheel Co down here a call.

Was thinking around 8" or 8.5"at this stage, 19" seems a bit excessive haha..

The Mini wheels seem legit, but the centrebore is off, re-drilling's an option but is it dodgy/legal?

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to spacers, the offset on the Mini steels are ET45, e30's are 25 aren't they? What's the deal with spacers are they expensive or require cert?

apologies for the n00b questions but I've gotta start somewhere!

Spacers scare the sh*t out of me. But if you have to, don't buy the cheap crap. But the ideal way, would be to get the steel wheels made from scratch. http://www.thesteelsurgeon.co.nz/ From these guys.

Spacers scare the sh*t out of me. But if you have to, don't buy the cheap crap. But the ideal way, would be to get the steel wheels made from scratch. http://www.thesteelsurgeon.co.nz/ From these guys.

Yeah, don't mess around with spacers, even having the centrebore enlarged is pointless imo. It'd cost too much for it to be worth it, just get them made from scratch.

From memory its only around $600-$800ish for a set

Any idea of where the original pictures came from? These wheels look awesome !!!!

Man that is one sweet build thread. Ive been doing a bit of digging on these too. Would be extreamly intested if you were keen on a group buy if that gets the proce down

Man that is one sweet build thread. Ive been doing a bit of digging on these too. Would be extreamly intested if you were keen on a group buy if that gets the proce down

Me too

If they can do some 17's then I could be interested too.

If they can do some 17's then I could be interested too.

I think they only go up to 16" for custom sets. I could be wrong tho.

I think they only go up to 16" for custom sets. I could be wrong tho.

I would be surprised if they did. I haven't found anywhere that does yet.

Id also get a set if you guys are gana group buy. 5x120 tho..

Group buy from where?

Steel surgeons? Let us know where this goes.

Hey guys just a quick updat on how this is getting on. Have found 2 places that are looking into doing this. Should have a definate yes or no and pricings tomorrow fingers crossed

Alrighty, the quote that I have got back is for $110 per wheel to widen an already existing steel wheel. They can make new centres but they would not have the pressed shape and therefore i recon for want of a better word, be a bit flat....... Maybe we all need to put our heads togeather and find a supply of wheels at correct offsets and stud patterns and then get them modified?

I know for a fact I want

a 16" rim, not too sure of offset yet at around 9" wide..........