Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Looking for a wagon

Evening All,

Am looking for a wagon for my next car (have been carless for about 9 months now).

Think i have narrowed it down to either an audi a4, vw passat or mazda 6 (2.3ltr version).

Looking to spend roughly 12k max, but am leaning towards the passat at this stage for most bang for buck.

Want an engine size of 2.3 or larger, car will either be black or gunmetal grey, manual preferred but that wil be slim pickings with a euro.

If anyone has anything good or bad to say about any of the above, or peoples opinions on what would be a better buy it would be much appreciated.

Really need to get onto one before Christmas other wise the Xmas holidays will be spend travelling in a beat up 91 corolla.

Cheers,

Evening All,

Am looking for a wagon for my next car (have been carless for about 9 months now).

Think i have narrowed it down to either an audi a4, vw passat or mazda 6 (2.3ltr version).

Looking to spend roughly 12k max, but am leaning towards the passat at this stage for most bang for buck.

Want an engine size of 2.3 or larger, car will either be black or gunmetal grey, manual preferred but that wil be slim pickings with a euro.

If anyone has anything good or bad to say about any of the above, or peoples opinions on what would be a better buy it would be much appreciated.

Really need to get onto one before Christmas other wise the Xmas holidays will be spend travelling in a beat up 91 corolla.

Cheers,

Audi A4 are a great car. and i assume you mean the first gen Mazda 6? they are an excellent car as well, and would be my pick of those three, even though its Jap. my grandfather brought a first gen and now owns a second gen one. no experience with the VW other than to say ugly!

A mate had a V6 A4, bought it for $5k and spent $5k on numerous repairs, a new clutch for a 1.8T will set you back close to $3k. Passat will be hard to find in manual, seems to wear front suspension bushes and glove boxes fall off.

I'd have the 6 every time. My 2 cents, based on friends who've had them.

need to be a member to view Max, just like bimmersport

Cheers fr the comments thus far.

Yes, i do mean the 1st gen Mazda 6. The only issue i have with the Mazda 6 is that they are everywhere, whereas the passat is a little less common.

What is the quality like between the Mazda and the Audi/Passat?

Plans for the car are tints, black wheels and possibly lowered so it wont look like the standard car (bit dubious on the Passats looks in standard trim).

Cheers,