Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

ChCh checking in

Hope all you boys and gals are ok, 5.8 and so over it. Was in the supermarket with the missus and ended up dodging stuff flying off the shelves.

Hope you guys are OK down there.

Nearly lost my drive last night (got video's) House nearly got flooded. Neigbours house got flooded. Found out neighbours wife is in hospital (quite serious) Another mates wife ended up in hospital this morning- suspected heart attack..... and this is Xmass ??... f**k this year... I'm looking forward to some more pleasant happenings and enjoying something for a change. This year has been the worse year of my life :( ... but I was shown something this morning which made me smile... can't say or tell till after Xmass day though

Edited by *Glenn*

Yep am with you Glenn, sh*t sh*t sh*t. 2012 shall bring great things.

Check.

Was at work but got sent home in time for the 6.0 and the light came crashing of the roof onto right where my flatmate was playing xbox. Piles are well f**ked now as the living room has got a gangsta lean.

Merry Xmas??

Hope everyone is alright in Christchurch.

I was in a Qantas jet about 5 minutes away from landing when the first one hit. We held for a while then went to Wellington, where I will be until lunchtime on Christmas day due to there being no seats tomorrow. Wonder what state my house is in?

Still it could have been much worse.

I was in a Qantas jet about 5 minutes away from landing when the first one hit. We held for a while then went to Wellington, where I will be until lunchtime on Christmas day due to there being no seats tomorrow. Wonder what state my house is in?

Have you got somewhere to stay in Wellington ? Your welcome to stay here , Can pick you up / drop you off if needed.

Edited by Neal

Getting a bit f***ed off with these bloody quakes! Checked in, sitting in Koru Club with all the duty free sh*t, and .....wammo! All out onto the tarmac, and after 2 1/2 hours, told all flights to Australia (we were off to Melbourne) cancelled. Can't get a flight until 6.45 am Christmas Day!! Still gonna go, got tickets to the Boxing Day Test at the MCG!!

Just hope 2012 is a bit better. I can see this latest lot putting the rebuilt, insurance etc back another 6 months!! No more damage at home, so a bit luckier than those poor sods at Parklands! :angry:

I could get you to Chch tomorrow in a light aircraft. How many of you?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind offers - Qantas have looked after us so far, meals and accommodation. Not sure what tomorrow brings, hoping some of us can get on flights tomorrow but not sure with the 24th being one of the busiest travel days and all.

See what tomorrow brings. Christmas wishes to all.

All good here Jase. Hope your house fared better than last time.

... f**k this year...

Word Glenn.

I swear if this year had one more day in it it would tip me over the edge - never before have I ever been so over it and hanging out for a break. It's been f**ken sh*t, bring on 2012.

I cant even begin to think what it must be like for you folk down there but hang in there,this cycle will come to an end.

House is ok, but had to stay at work until 6.30!!! No customers were seen after 4pm...waste of time

Yep, all good.

We had a bit of damage to the home, thankfully nothing too serious. Need to replace one of the brick faces outside, couple of large glass windows and redo the GIB board (cracked) on the ceilings.

Hang in there everyone, heart goes out to all those homes that good flooded AGAIN...

2012 guys, the year things turn around :)

Edited by crazyarab

Yep, all good. And feel the same as everyone else. So over it all. My theophany speakers stayed up this time (hallelujah!) which was my only real concern beside life haha. But the driveway opened up again, so I chose to leave the car on the road. But now I'm over on the west coast at dads and it's beautiful and relaxing and I don't want to go home.