Sign in to follow this  
richard

e36 racecar

my new project ,

pics and detail to follow as i start .................may take some time.....

Right, this was yesterdays effort.......today heatgun ,chisle and ( beer to help with the bordom of scraping off that tar stuff )

post-2002-1325015828.jpg

post-2002-1325015847.jpg

A good start, time for a beer!

Nice looking steering wheel - not seen one like that before, you do seem to be missing a third pedal though ;) ?

Nice looking steering wheel - not seen one like that before, you do seem to be missing a third pedal though ;) ?

going to fix the pedal problem with this ......... i started buying parts when the USD was over80cents... have more onthe way :)

post-2002-1325026278.jpg

post-2002-1325026298.jpg

post-2002-1325026343.jpg

Wow, whats been happening under the carpet!

lots of dirt thats got wet, was in storage, the window was broken . Edited by rich

Ah ha.

So what is the plan with this car, are you using a non motorsport E36 coupe + S50?

yup thats the plan at the moment

and are toying with this package from TMS..........................

E36 Turner Motorsport Group N/World Challenge Coil Over Suspension

Part #: E36TMSWC

Developed by TMS for our own E36 racecars, this kit gives you everything you need to bolt on a winning suspension! Front Bilstein Group N coil over struts are valved to our specifications and used with H&R race springs (Moton, double and triple-adjustable shocks are also available). TMS aluminum front camber plates and solid suspension bushings have also been developed by our race engineers to work with this kit. In the rear we use a Bilstein Group N shock and an inboard 60mm H&R Race spring with a ride height-adjustable spring perch. Turner Motorsport swaybars are recommended for use in the front and the rear. This is a professionally developed kit that puts you in a winning car from turn one. The suspensions we put together are complete and ready-to-race and have had every component planned out and designed to work with together.

Stage 1 Basic Group N Suspension – shocks, springs

p/n E36GPNSUSPENSION

$2002.30

Includes: Bilstein Group N coil over front struts (pictured above), Group N rear shocks (non coil-over), 60mm H&R racing springs, rear height adjusters, spring hardware and seats

Suggested add-ons: camber plates, shock mounts, sway bar / swaybars, reinforcements, rear camber arms

Stage 2 Bolt-In Group N Suspension – shocks, springs, mounts, camber plates

p/n TSU36GPN-2

$2522.20

Includes: Bilstein Group N coil over front struts (pictured above), Group N rear shocks (non coil-over), 60mm H&R racing springs, Turner front camber plates, Turner solid bearing rear shock mounts, rear height adjusters, spring hardware and seats

Suggested add-ons: sway bar / swaybars, reinforcements, rear camber arms

Reinforcement Package

p/n T36REINF

$additional, see Options below

Includes reinforcements for: front subframe, front strut towers (requires modification with camber plates), rear sway bar / swaybar tabs, rear shock towers, rear subframe (not needed for M3 chassis)

Aluminum Mount Package

p/n T36MOUNT

$1150.70 additional

Includes: aluminum engine and transmission mounts, Delrin front control arm bushings, aluminum rear trailing arm bushings (RTABs), aluminum inner trailing arm bushings, Delrin and aluminum differential mounts, aluminum subframe mounts

Other suggestions –

Moton Motorsport shocks

aluminum front control arms

adjustable sway bar / swaybar links

BMW x-brace

Because of the complexity and wide range of options for this suspension the cost will vary. Items are also available for purchase separately. Call or e-mail for the most accurate pricing specific to your needs.

:) Sounds like your onto it.

In someways I am doing much the same thing with my E36, a lot of it needs to be upgraded to M3 hardware... which is the plan for 2012.

going to fix the pedal problem with this ......... i started buying parts when the USD was over80cents... have more onthe way :)

Yup, that should fix it!! Some nice goodies there Rich, will make a pretty serious package when it is all together.

Its a tech2 wheel. pretty rare in this part of the world though! available for E30 and E34 P-FL as well

Its a tech2 wheel. pretty rare in this part of the world though! available for E30 and E34 P-FL as well

keep or sell

the smilyface was a combnion of my bad photoing plus sun ......................

but like to think the car is smiling at the chance to get out on the track.

Edited by rich

Are you linking the S50? Assume so as it'll be a right pain to get it going without the EWS, well it won't go at all.

Are you linking the S50? Assume so as it'll be a right pain to get it going without the EWS, well it won't go at all.

have all the necessary parts ECU , EWS, and microchip from the key . Got it from Hellbm .

have all the necessary parts ECU , EWS, and microchip from the key . Got it from Hellbm .

Good work.

Will be watching with interest.

Oh yup, all good, would have been a right vagina getting all the neccercary bits from the states.

keep - they're an awesome feeling wheel.

But not very good for motorsport, My suggestion would be change it out for a suede steering wheel around 330mm This will give you a quick steering response and have the grip to match your race gloves and doesn't sweat. If your starting from scratch I would suggest swapping the steering rack form a z3 1.9ltr one.. 2.7 turns :) A lot better

I would suggest swapping the steering rack form a z3 1.9ltr one.. 2.7 turns :) A lot better

I shall use your advise.

because i have lots of time on my hands i been looking for parts , do you think this is value for the money

Race / Rally lightweight polycarbonate window kit

BMW E36 Coupe - Polycarbonate window kit

5 piece fully thermoformed kit

Manufactured from Lexan Exell-D or Makrolon UV high

quality glazing polycarbonates the kit includes

1 X REAR SCREEN (Thermoformed)

2 X REAR 1/4 WINDOWS (thermoformed)

2 X FRONT DOOR WINDOWS (Thermoformed)

All windows are fully thermoformed and have the

same external curvature as the OEM glass items.

Price £342.00 (+ 20% VAT)

THICKNESS & COLOUR

3mm Clear Polycarbonate 4mm Clear Polycarbonate 4mm Glass Green Polycarbonate (+ £51.30) 4mm Bronze polycarbonate (+ £41.04) 4mm Grey polycarbonate (+ £41.04) 5mm Clear Polycarbonate (+ £34.20) 5mm Glass Green Polycarbonate (+ £85.50) 5mm Bronze polycarbonate (+ £75.24)

FRONT DOOR WINDOW TYPE

Standard 1 Peice Door Window

REAR 1/4 WINDOW TYPE

Oversize 1/4 Window to Bond/Bolt in Opening 1/4 Windows + Mounting Holes

REAR WINDSCREEN TYPE

Standard Rear Screen to Bond in

SCREEN BORDER

Plain Finish - No Border Applied + Black OEM Border to Rear Screen (+ £15.00) + Border Applied to Rear 3 Windows (+ £35.00)

SLIDER KITS

No Slider Kits 1 x Budget Slider Kit (Drivers Side) (+ £35.00) 2 x Budget Slider Kits (+ £60.00)

RIGHT OR LEFT HAND DRIVE

Right Hand Drive Left Hand Drive

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Edited by rich

But not very good for motorsport, My suggestion would be change it out for a suede steering wheel around 330mm This will give you a quick steering response and have the grip to match your race gloves and doesn't sweat. If your starting from scratch I would suggest swapping the steering rack form a z3 1.9ltr one.. 2.7 turns :) A lot better

thanks for the advice , will keep a lookout for one ....

Wow, going as far as weight saving on the window glass.

You're not mucking around!

I'd go for the thermo formed poly, keeping the original glass curvature would make all the difference in the quality when it's a finished track car.

Depends how extensive your budget is though... care to share how much you expect this build to reach?

Edited by V8E36