Sign in to follow this  
richard

e36 racecar

all depends an how much i can get for my raceseries car . more than 15k less than 25k is my best guess.

Did Ray sell you a gearbox too? I have a 6spd in the "things I ought to sell" pile.

Did Ray sell you a gearbox too? I have a 6spd in the "things I ought to sell" pile.

No ,but i do have one that fits . , PM me with price , please . Edited by rich

Mean project..Any pics of your latest efforts??..

not a lot at the moment , have to sell the e30 series car first to free up some cash and room in the garage .

Im not in a big hurry would like to crack 50 races and finish this season first, but are buying part as they turn up.

Nice, joining us in group b?

yes , guna give yous guys a run for your money ;)

Awesome, I just realized you asked me a question re fuel cell a while ago. If I were to do it again, I would just use the factory tank and a swirl pot or similar. Otherwise def a jazz style drop tank. The one I have was un usable until we modded the crap out of it.

Awesome, I just realized you asked me a question re fuel cell a while ago. If I were to do it again, I would just use the factory tank and a swirl pot or similar. Otherwise def a jazz style drop tank. The one I have was un usable until we modded the crap out of it.

Have talked to a few people!!, i will be keeping the standard tank . ( nice and low ,forward of the diff , ) and plastic.

.......I always looked at petrol tanks in the back as pendulms as you go around corners or a bomb if you run into the rear.

those fuel cells are very nice A

quick update ....................cars now stripped and clean out.Its been moved into the garage and up on axle stands.

been looking at brake kits and have settled buying from these guys http://www.apracing.com/index.asp

Edited by rich

The APs are defanitely a no f**k around option. Dont do what I did and learn the hard way about correctly shimming them (centering and aligning the calipers to the rotors off the adapter/brackets) bit of a noob error on my part.

Have you sourced your adapter and hat kit ? They can sometimes be around the same price as a set of rotors :( especailly for AP.

I was actually pretty impressed with some of the stock dimensions vs stopping power. the real benefits of BBK are realised around 350mm above. Otherwise for your size maybe upgrading to a e46 m3 setup may be an option if the APs turn out too pricey? you can get some excellent aftermarket pads for them and rotors are actually pretty cheap in comparison to aftermarket.

Im told it all comes in the kit . Race brakes here in AK sell them price starts at around 4500 mark which is as good a price as anything else on the market .

Very serious kit.

Have you considered the XYZ kits. I know, I was a little skeptical at first, but was very pleased with the end product. Complete bolt on kit cost around $2k for the front and I have had no issues what so ever. I realise that they obviously don't compare to the AP's but bang for buck they are very good!

Very serious kit.

Have you considered the XYZ kits. I know, I was a little skeptical at first, but was very pleased with the end product. Complete bolt on kit cost around $2k for the front and I have had no issues what so ever. I realise that they obviously don't compare to the AP's but bang for buck they are very good!

I dont know to much about xyz kits , im looking for durability/stopability over their life time . AP's , if bedded in right last 2-3 times longer than most others.

get the biggest disc you can fit mate..... thats the best brake setup....

thanks for the advice , will keep a lookout for one ....

The difference between standard e36 (3.1 turns to lock) and z3 (2.7 turns) racks are very marginal compared to the difference between e30 (4.0 turns) and e36. Z3 racks are hard to find and expensive, not a worthy mod in an e36 imo.

get the biggest disc you can fit mate..... thats the best brake setup....

I'll probably get a size that lets me to use either a 17' or 18' wheels ,offset unknown yet.

The difference between standard e36 (3.1 turns to lock) and z3 (2.7 turns) racks are very marginal compared to the difference between e30 (4.0 turns) and e36. Z3 racks are hard to find and expensive, not a worthy mod in an e36 imo.

picked up a M3 rack for 350 , z3 racks are as rear as rocking horse sh*t.

Ok , parts list for brakes; The CP5005-3 is a competition brake kit and it is a complete kit including:-

Calipers

Discs

Mounting brackets

Mounting bells

Nuts, bolts and washers

Aeroquip hose set

Brake pads

at a price of $4360 incl from race brakes

if you can see anything i've missed please fell free to let me know.

Ok , parts list for brakes; The CP5005-3 is a competition brake kit and it is a complete kit including:-

Calipers

Discs

Mounting brackets

Mounting bells

Nuts, bolts and washers

Aeroquip hose set

Brake pads

at a price of $4360 incl from race brakes

if you can see anything i've missed please fell free to let me know.

it would pay to shop around they will charge you top dollar theres other places a lot cheaper, try ebay

Edited by crunchy

it would pay to shop around they will charge you top dollar theres other places a lot cheaper, try ebay

are you saying i can get it cheaper on ebay or there are cheaper brake kits on ebay.

AP racing don't sell direct to the public

And i want a whole kit not bits and peices

Edited by rich

are you saying i can get it cheaper on ebay or there are cheaper brake kits on ebay.

AP racing don't sell direct to the public

And i want a whole kit not bits and peices

look and you will find

• Like 1

Hi Rich

Hope this helps these quotes are from 2010 when I was looking round for a BBK

I went with Racingbrake US. Changed to 8" rims up front with 10mm spacers

had a couple of hickups but they sorted it out for me.

And once I had figured why the first set of pads were toast after one track day

they didnt get up to temp (these front rotors dont require any cooling)

I have had no problems. They great.

What ever you choose check the US for racing pad prices I found them a lot cheaper

PM me if you have any questions I may help with

Mark

Quote from Race Brakes NZ front only

AP Racing Front 330mm 4 pot kit (17†wheels) is $3830 plus gst = $4308.75

Up-rated Pads Cost $ 806.62

Slotted Rears Cost$ 253.12

Total $ 5368.49

XYZ NZ

330 x 32 floating rotor/6 piston brake kit with sprt/race pads

Cost $2490

Slotted rear rotors

Cost $339 pr

Performance pads $118

Total $ 2947

Floating is now not available. The fixed rotor kit is $2390

Massive Brakes 332 X 32 6 pot calipers front only

$1700 US

$ 300 US shipping

Total $ 2000 US = $ 3193.92 incl GST still have to add pads and rear rotors but would be cheaper than below as the rear rotors would only be slotted one piece

RacingBrake US

328 X 28 4 pot calipers front + full floating 2 piece rears +pads + shipping +gst = 4556.01

The other problem with Massive and RacingBrake as I require 20mm spacers to fit them under my 7 1/2" street rim but they work fine with my track rims and my 10mm spacers

Example of better value out there:

AP Fronts for E46 M3 2200USD

Most (all) BBK's will have the issue SweetM3 mentions with OE wheels.

They just don't have the spoke clearance.

Also, you wouldn't spend $4500 on a BBK and still run OE wheels on a racecar, thats just daft as even the 'light weight' ones are still ~9-10kg each.

There is a good selection of lightweight wheels available ex.USA for the E36

EDIT: Also check the Turner Motorsport website, IIRC they had some bargin deals on the 'Performance Friction' kits

Edited by E30-323ti

Example of better value out there:

AP Fronts for E46 M3 2200USD

Most (all) BBK's will have the issue SweetM3 mentions with OE wheels.

They just don't have the spoke clearance.

Also, you wouldn't spend $4500 on a BBK and still run OE wheels on a racecar, thats just daft as even the 'light weight' ones are still ~9-10kg each.

There is a good selection of lightweight wheels available ex.USA for the E36

EDIT: Also check the Turner Motorsport website, IIRC they had some bargin deals on the 'Performance Friction' kits

Im back , been looking at these,..... http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...&sort=Brand

what do think .. too big ?!