Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Mark's E34 project

Also, I have quite a bad case of "wiper knock" where the wiper arms come into contact with the edge of the bonnet. I've got the writeup on how to replace the wiper rack (looks painfully difficult), but does anyone know if these things can be reconditioned or if I just have to try my luck with a second hand one that hopefully has a lot of life left in it?

this is a known issue with e 34s....i cant quite remember where my links are to the fix(es).This is a great place for E34s

Edited by kiwi535

this is a known issue with e 34s....i cant quite remember where my links are to the fix(es).This is a great place for E34s

worn wiper shaft nylon bushes and shaft??

The E28 is sexy pamts!

Yeah yeah, i know... Leave the E28 bromance comments in Matt's threads haha! This is where i can get some small amount of love for the pudgy faced E34! :)

I have the fix for it.... Just psyching myself up to do it as it's a mammoth pain in the arse to do.

New today - two new Pirellis to pass a WOF and the Pelican Parts order has been shipped.

Thats the e28's bad side ;)

Thats the e28's bad side ;)

i quite like the look of the e28 from any angle OUTSIDE.The inside is just so disapointing to me.

Got stung import duty & GST on the parts order... but this finally arrived on the doorstep today.

post-2031-1340686845.jpg

The cat was interested to know what was inside...

post-2031-1340686891.jpg

...but then decided he just liked the packing paper.

post-2031-1340686949.jpg

Now to get my jack and axle stands back off Matt so I can get started!

Edited by _Mark_

Need those to do the rollas service ;)

Crappy update time,

Found this on TM... proper 5 series fitment Tech II.

post-2031-1350947374.jpg

Now to get it running again, fuel pump is dead and so is battery. Just gonna have it towed to the mechanic to get everything sorted so I can start driving it in this nice weather.

Guest Simon*

Been back thru the thread. Such a good looking car Mark. Makes me miss all my E34's really badly!

Let me know if you ever think to sell ;)

Nah, just going to the mechanics because I don't have the patience or ability to fix it myself.

That sure is a Tidy E34, got it back on the road yet?

I have parts sitting around for my E30 (Looked like a similar order from Pelican Parts).

Yep, she's going again. All ready for its first long trip to Queenstown after Xmas.

Yep, she's going again. All ready for its first long trip to Queenstown after Xmas.

ahhh that will be good...awesome road trip cars

Had a crack at cleaning the leather using the Lux Soap flakes method used by CSET and central3.

Turned out great.

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image