Sign in to follow this  
Docile

Save up your pennies boys and girls !

new NSX in the making :) estimated production in about 2 - 3 years.

4WD

3 electric motors 1 for rear wheels, 1 for front wheels -> and both control yaw in cornering and 1 more power assist for the gearbox

midship v6

7 speed dual clutch gearbox

current design still under refinement

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit My Website

been following this for a while. the new nsx was supposed to be v10 powered but that design got cancelled due to recession.

Edited by Docile

1 word.

Yuck haha

Edited by E46

It's not a bad looking car, though it's not a good looking car either haha. Kinda looks like an R8 from the front and an Aston from behind.

Edited by Sargasm

Nice car.

Will be phenominally quick.

And will be beautifully balanced in the handling.

But still a Honda. :unsure:

quite like it as well :) it does look like a r8 and an aston at the back... so did the 240z to many other cars in its time especially the E type.

kinda looks like a car that would transform into a robot :)

its going to be a cornering monster like the gtr :)

Edited by Docile

Nice car.

Will be phenominally quick.

And will be beautifully balanced in the handling.

But still a Honda. :unsure:

lets just say i wont be embarrased driving this around as i would with other hondas :)

they also have that HSV 10 car they are currently racing in the Japan GT. v10 powered FR. didnt go into production due to recession. but 'MAY' come out after the new NSX

Edited by Docile

The first version gain my respect when one finished third at Bathurst hrs despite hitting a wall at 180 kmh in practice. They needed two jigs to straighten the chassis it was that strong.

Honda NZ also had a policy of not supporting Jap imports which did well to protect resale values which are still high now if you can get one.

which will be fastest around the top gear track .... BMW i8 or the Honda NSX?

The old NSX will never die! That is a true 90s supercar.

The only Honda to hold its value? they still selling circa $40k still. manuals cost more and the Type R cost an arm and a leg still.

I'd possibly give an arm for a Type R NSX, trademe have no NSXs on it at the mo, one went for 70k odd late last year.

I stand corrected: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-439322761.htm

Badassness!

And the clip that comes with it:

. Edited by Greg.

yeah seen that one. its a bottom spec nsx. auto too.

last year IIRC there was 3 nsx for sale in trademe. none were manuals.

was in a subaru workshop 6 years ago at east auck. the guy had 2 nsx in bits on pallets stored up in the garage. ask him what he was doing with it. he said he was rebuilding it but dont have the time now. he offered me each for 25k not assembled.

I would give a kidney for a type R NSX!! need two arms and 2 legs to enjoy it :D a 1992 Type R nsx still sells quite hefty probably priced around 50+kNZD base models 30k NZD. there is a 2002 type R in ebay atm (the only type r ive seen for sale lately) selling price of 114k USD ~>145k NZD

they hold their price way more than most mercs and bmw lol.

Hold price simply because they are rare. An 02 Type R would be epic! The auto on trademe would still be a nice car, got to 150kph pretty quickly.

Honda NZ also had a policy of not supporting Jap imports which did well to protect resale values which are still high now if you can get one.

What do you mean by "not support Jap imports"? Do Honda NZ not service them or won't get parts for them?

My understanding is that when these where first released Honda wouldn't support getting parts or servcing to protect values for current owners for what was a top of the line offering.

A well heeled friend of mine looked into importing one about a year after they came out and that is what a dealer told him. Mostly likely different now.

Sounds very weird??? Never heard of this before. If that was indeed the case back then it certainly isn't now.

a 1992 Type R nsx still sells quite hefty probably priced around 50+kNZD base models 30k NZD. there is a 2002 type R in ebay atm (the only type r ive seen for sale lately) selling price of 114k USD ~>145k NZD

Not sure where you are getting your NSX prices from, but a NA1 Type R will still set you back at least $120K to land one and a NA2 NSX-R would cost you at least $200K still to land a decent one (Cheapest I've ever seen of NA2 NSX-R for sale is $160K and that was with prior accident damage repair) and I've been following NSX prices for as long as I can recall and to be honest they've probably been going up rather than down over the years.

Stock standard NSXs will still set you back at least $45K to land a high km auto example, anything manual will be $60K plus.

Edited by M3_Power

What do you mean by "not support Jap imports"? Do Honda NZ not service them or won't get parts for them?

In the early 90's, nearly all the NZ Car importers did the same. We used to have to use NZ new chassis numbers from another car to buy parts for Jap imports we were working on. After a while they all woke up to the missed opportunity of selling parts. This also lead to the private parts importers that further hit the dealers hard and this continues to this day. When dealers realised the mistake they had made, many did jap import only recalls to replace minor parts for free to get a customer data base for sending out literature to try a gain back lost business. I could name a few of these but I better not. Someone else might like to though.

Edited by *Glenn*