Sign in to follow this  
Hi-Tek

Trackday - Hampton Downs Open Day Sunday 11th March 2012

As per the title there's an open day at Hampton Downs on Sunday 11th March.

Daytime session 9am - 4pm

$135 per car - if you pre-register on the website

I'm going along as are a few friends.

I have nothing to do with the organising, I just thought I'd give anyone who might be keen a heads up.

Details below and in the link

http://hamptondowns.co.nz/pages/201/public...wn-car!.htm

Sunday 11/03/12 - Daytime session 9am - 4pm

$135 per car - if you pre-register on the website

Arrival time: 8.30am for registration and a drivers briefing.

Indemnity form: Please click on this link. They will also be available on the day.

Time on track: 15 minute sessions.

Classes: Saloon Race, Saloon Road and Open Wheeler.

Safety gear: Overalls, helmets, and enclosed shoes. It is also for hire on the day for $50 (or $30 to hire separately).

Passengers: Welcome in Mans certified roll cage cars and require the same safety gear above.

Fuel: We have 98 and unleaded fuel available. The location of the fuel site is on the left at the exit of the vehicle tunnel.

Cost: $135 if you pre-register at http://www.hdticketing.co.nz or $150 if you turn up on the day. Eftpos and credit cards transactions are available.

Conditions: Please note if you pre-register then the date is not transferrable. This is a non-drift day. All entrants are strictly supervised throughout the day to ensure there is no over zealous driving.

Further information: email admin@hamptondowns.com or call us on (09) 280 6504

i might give this a go for the first time .

track feens

would it be better to get some proper tyres on some bottle caps or something semi slicks?

id recommend getting some used series wheels and semislicks man.

Or slicks if you can find a secondhand set in that size. Youll need to brush up on tire pressures to and bring a pressure gauge and some sort of pump. Nothing worse than over inflation after a few rounds

track feens

would it be better to get some proper tyres on some bottle caps or something semi slicks?

Semi slicks for one day?

Just run it as it is, if its your first time on a track and more so first time on Hampton downs you will not out drive your tyres, you may out drive your brakes though so take it easy on them and you will be golden.

Week before Targa for me so may be keen to rock down for a last min shake down! Last year's pre-rally shake down session uncovered some bad cracks in my disks so well worth it.

Semi slicks for one day?

Just run it as it is, if its your first time on a track and more so first time on Hampton downs you will not out drive your tyres, you may out drive your brakes though so take it easy on them and you will be golden.

Week before Targa for me so may be keen to rock down for a last min shake down! Last year's pre-rally shake down session uncovered some bad cracks in my disks so well worth it.

Yuss Ill make sure I have the Orange one with me to have a little fun with ya out there =D

Keener to have a run at Pukekohe TBH Jack, its more like a Kiwi road that I will be racing on, well three times as wide but it has bumps etc!

let me know if you hear of a test day.

Edited by apex

Keener to have a run at Pukekohe TBH Jack, its more like a Kiwi road that I will be racing on, well three times as wide but it has bumps etc!

let me know if you hear of a test day.

How's Friday sound?

I have a job.. but will ask the boss.

I have a job.. but will ask the boss.

Same ;) Put our jackets in for friday then your sweet haha I wanted to do Saturday but the horse racing is on 0_o

track feens

Pm'd

All paid up, see you guys there.

Yeap me too. See yas there.

I'll be driving like a an old lady while I test some new springs, it will be interesting to see what the difference is between us now.

Edited by Jamez

Haha, I've heard that one before.

I'll be scratching around the 1:15/ 1:16s and you'll be smoking us doing 1:13s :P

Im trying for a 1:15 something will see how I go.

Haha, I've heard that one before.

I'll be scratching around the 1:15/ 1:16s and you'll be smoking us doing 1:13s :P

What are you doing for tyre's these days? I was looking at getting some new Hankook F200 Slicks for next season in the Open Class.

Times?

Managed to drop 0.5 of a second from the final corner to Turn 2 in the last session due to finding some new limits. That leaves me around a low 1:13. I am happy with this as the slicks are far past the use by doing about ~500 laps from ~60 heat cycles at Hampton and Taupo.

edit - I should state that I didn't just drive faster to drop the time, it involved stiffer front springs, more toe out and more rear brake. This meant I could brake later, turn in easier and the stiffer front springs reduced some of the oversteer when putting the power down mid corner.

Edited by Jamez

I went backwards, from a 1:16.9 to a 1:17.9.

Was 100% to do with my front brakes. New rotors and pads hadn't been heat cycled AND my new brake cooling just over cooling the rotor. I measured the brakes after a run and they only hit 98 degrees. Brendons where 480! .. so I taped the brake inlet holes and managed 178c but the rears were still 200 so they were gripping more. Dailed that out with rear bias adjust. was a bit of a bandaid fix.

Doing turn 1 @ 200kph with near zero brakes was choice ... something I never want to do again.

Ill make up some plugs for my cooling ducts.. or atleast some restrictors.

I should've come over and said hello. I was down the other end of the pits in the silver grey M3. First time there in my car, managed a 1:23.6 and a handful of 1:24s. That's probably pretty slow, but better than I expected.

Edited by kinetik