Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

A.P.T waste of breath, time and money...

Ok......

So Auckland performance has said to me that is not worth their time to attempt to tune my car, that and they "wouldn't put their name to something that they can't easily tune and doesn't have a link in it". f**k that must be so terrible being a tuner and having a challenge every now and then..... (sarcasm font).

The fact that he talked about putting new injectors in when I booked it, and now he says "bigger injectors will be useless on a mapecu compared with a full aftermarket", which for me is a drastic change of opinion, which I don't think happens in the highly opinionated world of motorsport.

What makes it worse is this is the second time they've f**ked me around. Odd that he doesn't want to give his company a bad name, yet, for me hes done exactly that.

Tbh i think I'm going to tune it myself just to show them how full of the proverbial they are.

edit: So if anyone has any good resources for learning fuel tables and boost tuning that'd be ideal, as my knowledge on the subject is limited atm.

Edited by Simon*

Yep. Have had the same great service myself. Not only did they try to cheat and lie to me, they were arrogant at the same time.

Complete waist of time and money.

Would only deal with Torque Performance now, they are expensive but they actually know what they are doing.

I have found 'design and tuning high-performance fuel injection systems' by Greg Banish, and 'Performance Fuel Injection Systems' by Matt Cramer & Jerry Hoffmann, to be good reads

I've also read 'how to tune and modify engine management systems' by Jeff Hartman. But this was a bit repetitive for me. Other books I don't feel are worth mentioning

STM has training days every once and awhile that also might be worth a look at if you ar going to do it yourself

What about New Zealand Performance Tuning? A friend had his Audi B5 tuned by them and raved about their work.

Go to hitec motorsport in Drury, they seem to be very helpful with my inquiries

wow great PR skills on their behalf

crunchy might be of assistance...?

What about New Zealand Performance Tuning? A friend had his Audi B5 tuned by them and raved about their work.

We do OEM computers only at NZPT

Any reason you dont just go to Gavin @ Hi Velocity?

my thoughts too about gavin.

i think he can even tune the std bosch ecu to work with turbo's etc.

dont waste your money yet on after market ecu's etc.

give gavin a call.

might just need bigger injectors and fuel pump and some sort of rising rate fuel pressure reg etc.

only thing the e34 535i ecu doesn't allow for is knock sensors , but then you could use a m50b25 non vanos loom and tun ethat to suit with the seperate coils and delete the afm and tune off the throttle postion switch.

also not sure about drury guys either??

had a mate with a car in there with webber cards ,came out running like $hit , but maybe they are better when tunning with the after market ecu's they sell them selves like most of these guys are.

I ran my previous ride on Megasquirt and for a challenge got it going with ITBS off a GSXR...

that was an awesome learning curve...

go on.... Do it!

however in your case, you already have EFI, so if it is able to be chipped, do that...

I went with megasquirt as I had Bosh K-Jetronic which is old and shite!

Cheers,

Go on the mapecu forum and search for m30 turbo map

Pretty sure they had a base map or someone had shared one

or something along those lines

Then just modify maps to suit your setup

EDIT-

go on mapecu.com > support > base tables > BMW

Lists "BMW Turbocharged 535i" as a downloadable table

tweak it for your chit and Job done.

Edited by Ben

Go to Gavin !!!! end of story

If its a beemer he can do it

Dont fear batmans here :ph34r: :ph34r:

Since i helped to design the mapecu ive already sorted it with andrew to do the tune.

And a small bit of advise people even after 25yrs doing tuning etc it takes years to teach how to, tuning isnt a science nor does it come from a book if that was the case was is it every tuner gets a different result?

Its more a black art than anything and generic a/f ratios dont apply across the board along with timing curves, the engine decides what your going to get not the calculator a 1 volt drop can change a tune and never ever swap tuning tables that equals heart ache.

and there more than one person out there that can tune a bmw......

I make not apologes for coming across strong the fact of the matter is everyone works hard for their money and it doesn't grow on trees i call it as i see it and being a soft cock never did anyone any good, but everyone is entitled to be listened to as far as customers go and given a fair deal im sure you all agree.

Edited by crunchy

.....and never ever swap tuning tables that equals heart ache.

Dunno if thats aimed at my post or not

but i just assumed he had a new ecu with zero settings on it and as a newbie tuner

myself ive found working off a "base tune" is easier than starting from scratch.

It might be different for you cause you know what your doing

but for a ham fist sausage finger like me I like to know that

at one stage that tune worked for someone else so if i mash enough

buttons it will eventually work for me :lol:

Dunno if thats aimed at my post or not

but i just assumed he had a new ecu with zero settings on it and as a newbie tuner

myself ive found working off a "base tune" is easier than starting from scratch.

It might be different for you cause you know what your doing

but for a ham fist sausage finger like me I like to know that

at one stage that tune worked for someone else so if i mash enough

buttons it will eventually work for me :lol:

not aimed at you so take no offense was just a general statement i get asked all the time for tables and refuse to pass them on, ill be doing a video for YouTube about tuning the mapecu but not how to tune if that makes scence?

there's many variables that go from car to car even the same everything there's still differences thus why i tune it on face value regardless

After reading the title I thought you were taking a swipe at a member :lol:

Luckily I read the thread :D

After reading the title I thought you were taking a swipe at a member :lol:

Luckily I read the thread :D

Haha me too !

Go to Gavin !!!! end of story

If its a beemer he can do it

Gavin tuned my race car with a mapecu2, not the easiest for him to use as he doesnt usually tune mapecu, but he did a good job with a great result

Gavin tuned my race car with a mapecu2, not the easiest for him to use as he doesnt usually tune mapecu, but he did a good job with a great result

Part of the design when we did the mapecu was to make it user friendly and its a no brainer to do either in 2d or 3d which puzzles me why people have issues with it, since it works off the factory base tune just like reflashing its pretty easy to get your head around and if you wire in a stereo then mapecu is just as easy.

Using the auto tune makes life easier again or use a base map out of the software as a starting point.

Part of the design when we did the mapecu was to make it user friendly and its a no brainer to do either in 2d or 3d which puzzles me why people have issues with it, since it works off the factory base tune just like reflashing its pretty easy to get your head around and if you wire in a stereo then mapecu is just as easy.

Using the auto tune makes life easier again or use a base map out of the software as a starting point.

Oh yeah he worked it out fairly quickly, mine was the first one head ever done, we actually started with Boris's tune as a base and then modified that to suit our car

Oh yeah he worked it out fairly quickly, mine was the first one head ever done, we actually started with Boris's tune as a base and then modified that to suit our car

yea that makes sense when i did boris's it was a road tune and we went to the dyno they could only pickup afew kw's over what i did his car went well but his clutch didnt like my driving :unsure:

ps: enjoyed watching your 34 around hampton

Edited by crunchy

Not even going to read the thread. Bunch of c**ts in that place and I don't even know how Richard (d*ck) and his crew manage to run things. They are a rip off bunch of clowns. Will never go back there. Ever.

(I could rant for a long time about the sh*t they have put myself, family members and friends through but its not worth my time)