Sign in to follow this  
dodgemnz

Annual Canturbury Fiat Lancia club track day at Ruapuna 17th March, Ev

Hi all,

We are organising our track day as per normal. We cater for all levels of driver experience and vehicle performance.

For anyone interested in turning up on the day start is 9am sharp for scruitineering.

All you need is a good quality helmet, cotton overalls and an extinguisher secured that the driver can reach.

All vehicles will require a basic safety check but its intended for daily drivers or modified cars so come out and have some fun!

If you are interested in coming out the entry form and details are on the attached word doc. Its all fairly laid back, but we dont tolerate bad or dangerous behavior for the protection of all cars and drivers.

$50 if paid in advance (direct credit) or turn up on the day $70.

:-)

2012_CFLC_Track_Day_Entry.doc

My Dad told me about this today so I'll probably be coming down.

Is that for Fiat only or for BMW as well and do you have to have racing license? Thank you.

Is that for Fiat only or for BMW as well and do you have to have racing license? Thank you.

Any Euro is welcome and nop, no need for a race license.

Anyone is welcome to come out we usually have a great range of interesting vehicles.

Anyone is welcome just to come out and watch if they want to. Its all run under MANZ rules, we have been doing this for many years and our club is fully affiliated. You will need to complete the indemnity form attached to the first post.

Entry is at the discretion of the main co-ordinator basically we dont want lots of "hoons" cars with cut spring etc. Our club is full of enthusists and most like myself often have several cars mostly of European manufacture.

This is one of the few opportunities we get now to access this facility at Ruapuna for road registered vehicles without having to be fully race legal. Drive at your own pace or with an experienced co pilot if you choose there are a few available for this purpose.

:)

Sounds like fun, might give this a go! Where can I pick up some cheapish overalls from?

Sounds like fun, might give this a go! Where can I pick up some cheapish overalls from?

I got mine from NZ Safety for about $80 a couple of years ago but I'm sure if someone on here will have a spare one you could borrow for the day. You just have to make sure that they are 100% cotton.

I got mine from NZ Safety for about $80 a couple of years ago but I'm sure if someone on here will have a spare one you could borrow for the day. You just have to make sure that they are 100% cotton.

So 100% cotton is the only requirement? Do you have to tape up the arm and leg holes? It'l be my first track day, hence the n00b questions..

So 100% cotton is the only requirement? Do you have to tape up the arm and leg holes? It'l be my first track day, hence the n00b questions..

Mine's not and I haven't had any issue with it.