Sign in to follow this  
nickbawt

'01 E39 540i Msport

Hi Guys,

Just thought Id share some pics of my new E39.

Some small changes Ive done to the car over the last couple weeks:

Replaced interior wood grain trim with the polished aluminium style courtesy of Ray @ HellBM

Window tinting courtesy of the team @ Carfolie

Dynavin D99 head unit courtesy of Renming @ SWAutomotive

Its NZ new with me being the 4th owner (outside of dealerships), its had a complete service history since coming off the showroom floor in 2001!

A couple of things that will need doing in a couple of months is just the hood will need a respray due to stone chipping, its quite extensive which is a shame, as well as that the rear left door has a couple of small dents which will also need to be removed. Could anyone recommend anyone?

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nice car the beauty of most 5 series is that they have very good care in the early part of their life.Lose the M badge(imho)

Noice..

German Kollision Haus are good, pricey but worth it.

Also there is a shop right across the road that are good too, quoted me 650 for a bonnet and front bumper respray including guard blending.

Spray your towbar matte black, or the closest colour you can get to the rear bumper piece.

And the ball cover, spray that too, blends in quite nice then.

Oh i plastidip sprayed mine first too, that way it peels off should you sell it etc.

Edited by shaneg

Very nice!

+1 on the aluminium trim! Would you believe guys in the UK hunt out sets of wood to replace the aluminium??? :wacko:

Windows look good too! Especially with the shadowchrome.

Very nice!

+1 on the aluminium trim! Would you believe guys in the UK hunt out sets of wood to replace the aluminium??? :wacko:

Really?? Jesus... maybe they should just stick to Rover 75s, plenty of wood in those!

Really?? Jesus... maybe they should just stick to Rover 75s, plenty of wood in those!

Rovers don't give me wood.

Lose the M badge(imho)

It a lot of cars like mine its factory. EG Factory De-badge delete and 'M' badge added on NZ motorsport edition (SE) cars.

and lol on UK wood grain fetish

Nice car btw! :) another D99 twin! :) Give me a yell if you want Sygic working on your D99. Its a bit tricky, but I think I ve mostly nailed it. Google it if you dont know that it is.

How's that Dynavin unit? What did you pay and are they any good?