Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Peugeot 206 / 307

My mum's considering buying a 2002 peugeot hatchback off her mate, not sure if it's a 206 or 307.

Anyone got any good reason to avoid them? Anything in particular to look out for?

Any other opinions or advice?

Cheers

Try Greg Kent at Greg Kent Autos or something like that. My Peugeot fan mate says avoid like the plague, but who knows?

Depends on engine really, in a whole they are fine, like all cars they have their good bits and not so much good bits.

My wife found them to be a bit sardine ish, not much clearance around the pedals, the seats did not have the right feel, not sure what she ment and she found out first hand what they are like in a cross wind. Hence she bought a 02 406hdi and is happy with it. Off track does anyone know if their is a part catologue for the peugeots like realoem.com or bmw fans out their thanks.

Allen,

Yes there is - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/pages/login_hors_eu.jsp

Sascha - the pedal area is small but i didn't have too much of an issue with it. The gti is a very torquey engine vs the gti 180. We have a 307 xsp and love it we haven't had a single issue with it other than a dead battery. We put the H&R springs into it as we found it a little floaty in the corners. The automatic 307's are known to have a few issues with the gearbox so it would be very worth while getting a pug specilist to look it over. In Auckland i can highly recommend Greg Kent automotive - he's by far one of the best pug mechanics in NZ.

might be helpful - http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm