Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Recall 2003-2010 5 and 6's

All due to ONE car failing world wide, I guess that's how it starts.

The report states 9 world wide, your's could be the one that goes puff. At least they had the balls to do the recall and with the profits made form how many million's sold 30 minutes to fix each one shouldn't put to much of a dent in the balance sheet. :P :

The report states 9 world wide, your's could be the one that goes puff. At least they had the balls to do the recall and with the profits made form how many million's sold 30 minutes to fix each one shouldn't put to much of a dent in the balance sheet. :P :

Have checked multible 5s today, none have burnt through the floor yet.

Have checked multible 5s today, none have burnt through the floor yet.

do they get a new cable any way?

They get a new cable cover, we are told if the cable hasn't failed by now then it isn't part of the batch that "might" fail so we replace the plastic cover that goes over it, a modified version of it.

We have a very rare chance of finding a melted one.

Edited by Greg.

Hi,

As my username suggests, I'm none too bright.

I have a 525d Touring 2010. It was one of the last of the "old" shape. Will the dealer (Claytons) contact me, or should I contact them? Does the fact that I haven't been contacted mean that I am unaffected?

Hi,

As my username suggests, I'm none too bright.

I have a 525d Touring 2010. It was one of the last of the "old" shape. Will the dealer (Claytons) contact me, or should I contact them? Does the fact that I haven't been contacted mean that I am unaffected?

If yours is an E60 then it is part of the recall, BMW NZ should have contacted you by letter, maybe just go into your dealer to confirm.