Sign in to follow this  
Pugwash

Another BMW

Hi There

Used to have a 325 (E30) some years ago. Lovely car. Had the M-tech suspension (factory fitted). Had to sell it when it no longer met our requirements. I now have less constrictions and I've bought myself a Z4 M Coupe which I've imported from the UK. I import vehicles for a living so it's no trouble to do that.

Looking forward to learning this new-to-me car.

Paul.

2008 Z4 M Coupe

Alpine white.

Welcome, I've always liked the Z4 M Coupe. A fine choice.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance!

Hi Michael,

Thanks for that. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get the upload to work. It keeps failing so I've asked one of the Administrators to check the settings. Only the avatar uploaded OK.

Ha, Funny! I remember you and your Red 325i - It had some 5/6(?) spoke wheels on it - some motorsport option in the day?. Dad got his E30 (about 12 or 13 years ago) and I spoke to you way back then - must have been on some forum, but I think it was an overseas one (BMWE30.net or similar???). We got a Glacier Blue 325i SE - I seem to recal your was an SE, but auto?? Or was it Manual but not an SE? Red though, right?

Z4 coupes are very nice! great proportions and not at all hairdresser-ish!

Hi Allan,

Yeh I remember you too! Amazing. You've remembered the car alright. It was a UK import and red. A 325 SE but auto. Couldn't find a manual when I bought it and it was in such good nick I couldn't resist it. Still see it around occassionally and it still looks good - I think it lives in Te Awamutu now.

The Z4 M Coupe has a few more horses than the E30 325! About 343bhp I think. Bit old-school in a way but very nice. Only 588 RHD M Coupes sold and only eighteen in Alpine White so it's a bit of a rare beast. Bought it whilst I was in the UK a couple of months ago. Thought I might have the only one in NZ until a couple of weeks ago when I saw a sliver one coming the other way at Mount Maunganui!

What are you running now? Your Dad's 325 was a manual if I remember correctly...

Regards,

Paul.

To get the pics to work, reduce to 800 x 600 in size. :)

What are you running now? Your Dad's 325 was a manual if I remember correctly...

Dad still has the 325i, yes, a manual - He sold his run around car, so it's the shopping trolley now (well for the last 8 or ten years anyway!) - has nearly 220k on now, but looks far lower. He looking for a Ford Model A as a toy, now. Dunno what he'll do if the E30 dies though - probably fix it!

I've got an E39 525i manual for the Mrs - sensible family car for our boy and another bubba coming in August. Might have to start looking for a loser mover after the third one eventually comes along and they're all a bit bigger... :angry:

Even your avatar pic looks awesome, so the big ones will be MEAN! Was just looking at Z4 Coups for a guy at work today too!

Cheers,

Allan.

To get the pics to work, reduce to 800 x 600 in size. :)

Thanks huff3r. I'll give it a try.

Regards

Pugwash

Nice car Paul. Z4 M Coupe, mmmmmm.

Dad still has the 325i, yes, a manual - He sold his run around car, so it's the shopping trolley now (well for the last 8 or ten years anyway!) - has nearly 220k on now, but looks far lower. He looking for a Ford Model A as a toy, now. Dunno what he'll do if the E30 dies though - probably fix it!

I've got an E39 525i manual for the Mrs - sensible family car for our boy and another bubba coming in August. Might have to start looking for a loser mover after the third one eventually comes along and they're all a bit bigger... :angry:

Even your avatar pic looks awesome, so the big ones will be MEAN! Was just looking at Z4 Coups for a guy at work today too!

Cheers,

Allan.

Hi Allan,

Your Dad must know that 325 inside out! Your E39 sounds nice too. Pity BMW don't make people movers! Maybe you could get a bigger wagon?

Regards,

Paul.

Keep trying to upload sme photos. With a bit of luck they're here...

post-16602-1333526605.jpg

post-16602-1333526656.jpg

post-16602-1333526689.jpg

post-16602-1333526710.jpg

post-16602-1333526734.jpg

post-16602-1333526803.jpg

Hi Allan,

Yeh I remember you too! Amazing. You've remembered the car alright. It was a UK import and red. A 325 SE but auto. Couldn't find a manual when I bought it and it was in such good nick I couldn't resist it. Still see it around occassionally and it still looks good - I think it lives in Te Awamutu now.

The Z4 M Coupe has a few more horses than the E30 325! About 343bhp I think. Bit old-school in a way but very nice. Only 588 RHD M Coupes sold and only eighteen in Alpine White so it's a bit of a rare beast. Bought it whilst I was in the UK a couple of months ago. Thought I might have the only one in NZ until a couple of weeks ago when I saw a sliver one coming the other way at Mount Maunganui!

Regards,

Paul.

Gidday Paul , looks great in white. Keep your eyes out for a Blue M coupe. Was following it around Taupo track on Saturday. Looks like they handle well !

Gidday Paul , looks great in white. Keep your eyes out for a Blue M coupe. Was following it around Taupo track on Saturday. Looks like they handle well !

Hi!

A blue one... I've seen a silver one at the Mount. Wonder how many are in NZ? Didn't have mine ready in time for Taupo - Maybe next year!

Regards

Paul.