Sign in to follow this  
Mador

Tuning Calculator

Sorry you wont see all my input, but it gives me roughly what im hoping for in the end, so would it work even though its written for a v6 3l?

the calculator never decides what you get your engine does ive used many software packages and the outcome isnt close to what it said some arent bad for head flow and cam spec like performance trends but the last program i tried with a twin turbo nissan v8 it said at 10lb boost it would make 380hp.....in real life it made 890hp and 900 ft/lb of torque im sure you can see the problem.

the calculator never decides what you get your engine does ive used many software packages and the outcome isnt close to what it said some arent bad for head flow and cam spec like performance trends but the last program i tried with a twin turbo nissan v8 it said at 10lb boost it would make 380hp.....in real life it made 890hp and 900 ft/lb of torque im sure you can see the problem.

Yeah I just found that out... needed 25psi to make 550hp at 14.7air/fuel on 76lb@58psi injectors lol but running fuel line psi@100lb it gave me like 1200hp :S:S

Yeah I just found that out... needed 25psi to make 550hp at 14.7air/fuel on 76lb@58psi injectors lol but running fuel line psi@100lb it gave me like 1200hp :S:S

hahahaha thats funny 14.7 at any boost equals a dead engine and 100psi fuel pressure blows the pin-tile needles of their seats anything past 85 psi is a bad idea !!

great program......not

it also shows you buying all the best bits to build an engine doesn't guarantee you results

Edited by crunchy

so the engine makes ~ 500hp NA then?

so the engine makes ~ 500hp NA then?

in the real world on the engine dyno it made 700n/a and after running the world super boat champs( greame hill is the owner) in it and turning it up to 18psi it now makes 1350hp in the real world he finished 5th 1.2 seconds behind 1st place, not bad for a first time around were now doing a vq57 its 40kgs lighter than the present vq.

a n/a version for the carb 4ltr stock car setups push 560hp at 10,500 the guy building the engines is Brian Hartley as in Brendon Hartley F1 driver which im sure most have heard of which were also doing a Bonneville car running in August this year a little turbo mini sorry for the name dropping but that's just how it is.

Edited by crunchy