Sign in to follow this  
HELLBM

HELLBM M3/M5 Project

DSC now fully functional, Multifunction steering-wheel working, all warning lights on dash turning off as they should and the M5 Sport/Servotronic settings now work. (Servotronic vehicle-speed-sensitive power assist which provides two levels of resistance controlled via console mounted Sport button. The Sport button also adjusts the electronic throttle butterflies for faster throttle response.)

Freakin` Awesome.

Waiting on a radiator from Mishimoto to amp up the cooling system then I can design a induction system once that is installed.

Is it 8M3, M3.5 or an M4? some of the names it has been given.

post-1470-1352528706.jpg

post-1470-1352528720.jpg

post-1470-1352528736.jpg

Edited by HELLBM

What a piece of work!

Is the plan to keep it for a while or sell it on soon?

It`s definately staying at Hellbm for some time. Maybe when the V10 transplant into HELLM3 happens it ccould be knocked of it`s pedastool.......the latest dream.

Can't wait to do the v10 conversion :)

couple turbos wouldn't hurt either

E92 M3 Milltek Exhaust removed from a customers car.(refitted a OEM exhaust for him.)

Now to make it fit 8M3...

post-1470-1354002417.jpg

post-1470-1354002396.jpg

E92 M3 Milltek Exhaust removed from a customers car.(refitted a OEM exhaust for him.)

Now to make it fit 8M3...

post-1470-1354002417.jpg

post-1470-1354002396.jpg

Looks angry, will sound angrier!

Awesome, that should sound fantastic, especially with the top down. I look forward to hearing this beast at a Bimmersport event some day!

The exhaust has anyways been been the number 1 factor for my E36 V8 conversion since day one, finally it's nearly there. (welding up the headers currently!)

Just read this whole thread.... it is freakin awesome!!!

I may have to pop in and see you Ray, I havce a customer just around the corner from you in Silverdale so I can use "work" as an excuse - haha

Recent work includes :

Mishimoto E46 M3 Radiator install (thanks to Dobsons for the great deal)

Radiator BMW factory inlet alterations thanks to Quest fabrication. OEM factory plastics replaced with aluminium and braided lines.(looking at other options for hose clamps)

Oil filter housing relocated to the firewall neext to E-Box

Tried several combos of srtut top mounts and finally settled on OEM M3 offset mounts switched left to right. Some ECS tuning 15 mm spacers have brought it closer to the stance I`m after.

post-1470-1356246737.jpg

post-1470-1356246792.jpg

post-1470-1356246777.jpg

post-1470-1356246752.jpg

post-1470-1356246819.jpg

post-1470-1356246903.jpg

post-1470-1356246915.jpg

I do like the remote oil filter housing.

Oil filter housing,heater valve and powersteering reservior all mounted now.

post-1470-1358398624.jpg

Taupo and back on Sunday averaged 15l/100kms.

Running at about 80% power and still pulls better than E92M3 in pic.

Hellboy and I fooling around today:

post-1470-1358398926.jpg

post-1470-1358398941.jpg

post-1470-1358398956.jpg

Looks great under the hood with the factory theme being kept.

Are you going to do anything with the air intakes to shield from the engine bay heat or do they already get a good supply of cool air?

Not surprised it can pull better than the E92 V8, it is after all 5 litres, something would be wrong if it struggled!

Looks great under the hood with the factory theme being kept.

Are you going to do anything with the air intakes to shield from the engine bay heat or do they already get a good supply of cool air?

Not surprised it can pull better than the E92 V8, it is after all 5 litres, something would be wrong if it struggled!

Looking at various options for cool air supply. Have ducting funneled from brake-ducts as a temporary measure.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Those marks look a bit thin for your tyres... honest ;)

Those tyre marks are not from these cars. Most likely a turbo`d E30 was visiting our photo session cul-de-sac.

This morning I ventured up to Hell BM to buy a special dashboard light bulb for my M3.

Upon arrival I was greeted with Ray's smile and an offer... an offer to drive this aformentioned beast.

Ill give you a run down. What a fantastic car. This M3 has the crisp throttle respone I have grown to expect from an E46 M3 but with the unexpected thunder from that awesome S62 V8. Phenominal acceleration, tremendous grip but what struck me the most was how well put together it felt.

Its not easy to mate a highly technical motor to an already highly technical chassis. All of the factory systems work as intended and the car felt totally driveable.

Hats off Mr Reid. When the time comes to spend the cash on an exciting project - your team will have the job. If anyone is looking to do this kind of thing, race car or otherwise, heres your man.

This morning I ventured up to Hell BM to buy a special dashboard light bulb for my M3.

Upon arrival I was greeted with Ray's smile and an offer... an offer to drive this aformentioned beast.

Ill give you a run down. What a fantastic car. This M3 has the crisp throttle respone I have grown to expect from an E46 M3 but with the unexpected thunder from that awesome S62 V8. Phenominal acceleration, tremendous grip but what struck me the most was how well put together it felt.

Its not easy to mate a highly technical motor to an already highly technical chassis. All of the factory systems work as intended and the car felt totally driveable.

Hats off Mr Reid. When the time comes to spend the cash on an exciting project - your team will have the job. If anyone is looking to do this kind of thing, race car or otherwise, heres your man.

Great read - and I am jealous, you lucky b*stard getting to take this for a drive! :blink:

Time for freshning up the engine mounts, oil seperators and intake manifold gaskets.(smoke test revealed slight leak)

post-1470-1359751975.jpg

post-1470-1359751991.jpg

post-1470-1359752003.jpg

Taupo and back on Sunday averaged 15l/100kms.

Hell, i don't muck around in my V12 and i still get better than that on a run! would have thought yours being a more advanced motor albeit more powerfull it would be better than that!