Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

'94 M50B25 Rocker cover anti-dribble fixity kit

Hi all, the time has come where I can no longer ignore the constant dribbles of oil on the garage floor and am in need of a new rocker cover gasket set. I contacted Milland about a week back but the cost of freight was nearly 50% of purchase price so they have advised me to seek one out locally. Before I call the stealers has anyone got any idea what prices are like? Or any other spots around Auckland I can pick one up from? While I'm atit I'd also like to look at replenishing the Vanos seal - is there a local supplier or will Pelican be my best bet?

Ta muchly :)

Hi all, the time has come where I can no longer ignore the constant dribbles of oil on the garage floor and am in need of a new rocker cover gasket set. I contacted Milland about a week back but the cost of freight was nearly 50% of purchase price so they have advised me to seek one out locally. Before I call the stealers has anyone got any idea what prices are like? Or any other spots around Auckland I can pick one up from? While I'm atit I'd also like to look at replenishing the Vanos seal - is there a local supplier or will Pelican be my best bet?

Ta muchly :)

Anybody? Help??

Gavin@EuroItalian

I guess I'm lucky the rocker gasket set I got from him was $6 for shipping... with about 3 other things.

if you look on his trade-me site, I'm sure the gasket set has a fixed rate for shipping :S

or try Gavin.

Apparently the gasket has a metal profile meaning it can't be squished into a cheaper courier bag. A bit frustrating as I was told shipping would be $24 for a $56 part. Either that or they just couldn't be arsed sending bits to Jafa land :(

Cheers, will email Gavin

People's shipping charges are sometimes unusual.... From my mother's business a package of reasonable size (easily a flaming gasket set) can be sent nationwide for 10 bucks with fastways (I think those are the tickets, we have a few couriers).

I've got a brand new one that is still in a sealed elring headgasket set

I wont need the valve cover gasket for the engine that I'm putting together. I'll post up photos if your interested and want proof of it being brand new. It's all yours for $56, I'll pay for shipping. Or I will swap for a new dual vanos rocker cover gasket

I hope that makes sense

I've got a brand new one that is still in a sealed elring headgasket set

I wont need the valve cover gasket for the engine that I'm putting together. I'll post up photos if your interested and want proof of it being brand new. It's all yours for $56, I'll pay for shipping. Or I will swap for a new dual vanos rocker cover gasket

I hope that makes sense

Makes perfect sense :) Cheers James, have mailed Gavin as I need to get it sorted asap, we're going to be moving house shortly and I need to stop the oil drips before I can start cleaning off the old ones. If Gavin can't get one susssed quick enough I'll definitely get back to ya :)

Any suggestions r.e Vanos seals sourced locally? Or is Pelican / Beisan my only option?

I tried to get some vanos seals made up from sealimports. Even with an order of over 100 seals I couldn't get a better price then besian + shipping

They said they had made them before. I can get you the name of the chap if you really want to source them locally. I'd order them from Besian