Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

'95 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

I worked opposite the AM dealership in Mayfair briefly in the mid90's. I used to go and look at one of these almost every day and dream about owning one... Love it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://myautoworld.com/astonmartin/cars/as...-95vantage.html

PS If anyone has one of these that they don't need any more then I'm more than willing to take care of it for you.

Edited by jeffbebe

Now THAT is a real Vantage. Why did they muck around with the nomenclature and call their pissiest model after that a Vantage?? And then call the top model the DBS? 'used to be the other way around.

Edited by nath

No THAT is a real Vantage. Why did they muck around with the nomenclature and call their pissiest model after that a Vantage?? And then call the top model the DBS? 'used to be the other way around.

So that show ponies could buy a 'Vantage' without it costing as much as a 'Vantage' probably.

Gah, they are one of my favorite cars of all time.

Last of the proper hand built custom Astons before the horrible Ford era. (Lets no forget how the DB7 had door handles from a Mazda MX5!)

I agree with Nath, It was piss poor of them to much up the Vantage name by slapping it on that cut price V8 DB9 in recent years and also slapping it on the V12 DB7 for no good reason.

Quite good value these V550/V600 Vantages now, originally they were like 500-600k NZD new!

The V12 was at least appropriate in that it was the up- spec 6 cylinder. Ford did manage to make it a more well known company (if being well known to 12 year olds matters) by making their cars similarly priced to top spec BMWs and the like.

Incidentally, when I was growing up, a neighbour and friend of mum's turned out to be David Brown's daughter, which no one knew until she died!

I guess I'm the odd one out here. I think they look a bit rank and the interior is average to me as well. These were superseded by the one based on the Jag XK based one right?

I would rather a XKR from the late 1990's and the spare cash.

No these were the top model Aston, with the XK sibling DB7 being the lower range car. The Vantage was probably discontinued before the DB7, as the Vantage had been around for longer in Virage form. The Virage and Vantage had the classic 5.3 aston V8.

I guess I'm the odd one out here. I think they look a bit rank and the interior is average to me as well. These were superseded by the one based on the Jag XK based one right?

I would rather a XKR from the late 1990's and the spare cash.

Each to their own I guess. I like, & I can't say that about all Astons ever built.

Interior is pretty well English tradition of the era - a somewhat likeness to RR/Bently or even Jag/Daimler

Interior is pretty well English tradition of the era - a somewhat likeness to RR/Bently or even Jag/Daimler

Word

I think its awesome, in a sumptuous and excessive way.

Each to their own I guess. I like, & I can't say that about all Astons ever built.

Yep, I agree. Exterior is amazing. Beast of an engine and the interior styling is pretty good considering this car was built right in the heart of one of the blandest and style-less decades of the past 100 years.

Glad every Lotto winner isn't driving one of these as they are the new Vantages... It wouldn't seem so special if you saw one every 5 minutes.

Edited by jeffbebe

I've only seen one, it's in auckland for sale every now and then. Dark blue. Sounds insane. throaty, raspy, whiney, all of the above!

actually considering it is a BMW forum, I will say that the Vantage, the E34 B10 Alpina, the Maserati gran turismo and a lambo diablo are so far the best sounds I have ever heard downtown. Maserati was probably the best.

Edited by nath

I've only seen one, it's in auckland for sale every now and then. Dark blue. Sounds insane. throaty, raspy, whiney, all of the above!

actually considering it is a BMW forum, I will say that the Vantage, the E34 B10 Alpina, the Maserati gran turismo and a lambo diablo are so far the best sounds I have ever heard downtown. Maserati was probably the best.

I agree. Maserati GranTurismo Sport mode exhaust... unbeatable sound.. my absoulute favourite

If I was given a million dollars to spend on cars would i buy it? hmmmmm its a beaut and would sound awesome... but i think i would not enjoy driving it as much as other cars i could get at way cheaper price - get me a couple of those :)

If I was given a million dollars to spend on cars would i buy it? hmmmmm its a beaut and would sound awesome... but i think i would not enjoy driving it as much as other cars i could get at way cheaper price - get me a couple of those :)

Also, I'd feel nervous as hell driving one, something doesn't scream reliability on old hand made English things. They'd be a mongrel of a thing to get fixed & for the $$$ there's a lot more that I'd personally rather have.

Also, I'd feel nervous as hell driving one, something doesn't scream reliability on old hand made English things. They'd be a mongrel of a thing to get fixed & for the $$$ there's a lot more that I'd personally rather have.

I don't think you buy an AM if money's a bit tight; only if you can afford to own it, fix it and have a couple of backups in your Leno-like garage!!

Yep, I agree. Exterior is amazing. Beast of an engine and the interior styling is pretty good considering this car was built right in the heart of one of the blandest and style-less decades of the past 100 years.

Are you saying the 1990s had bland and style-less cars?

Some of the best cars came out of the 90s!

1 screams to mind.. f40 :) or was that an 80's car?

if i had 1 mil though i would get:

flying boxes:

e30 m3

e28 m5

Lancia delta integrale evo 2

merc 190e 16v evo II

1971 240z

2012 GT-R

e24 635csi

still shy of the 1 mil:(

Are you saying the 1990s had bland and style-less cars?

Some of the best cars came out of the 90s!

Fashion in the '90s was pretty bland... I reckon interior design followed suit. Exteriors were mint!

I've always loved the previous generation Vantage (late '70's) - I'm sure they'd be crap to drive and terrible on gas and reliability, but I just love the looks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've always loved the previous generation Vantage (late '70's) - I'm sure they'd be crap to drive and terrible on gas and reliability, but I just love the looks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful...

I would imagine they would be like an old Jaguar behind the wheel, a big, soft cruiser.

Still, they were 380hp some 35 years ago, fastest production car in the world for a brief period!

I've always seen them as the quality British version of a Ford Mustang.

Beautiful...

I would imagine they would be like an old Jaguar behind the wheel, a big, soft cruiser.

Still, they were 380hp some 35 years ago, fastest production car in the world for a brief period!

I've always seen them as the quality British version of a Ford Mustang.

Has a touch of the late 70's Camaro about it, especially with the oversize wheels. Funnily I saw a navy convertible 90s V8 Vantage like my original post driving down Richmond Road in Ponsonby a few days ago. Choice. Must be very rare in NZ.

Has a touch of the late 70's Camaro about it, especially with the oversize wheels. Funnily I saw a navy convertible 90s V8 Vantage like my original post driving down Richmond Road in Ponsonby a few days ago. Choice. Must be very rare in NZ.

Nice! I didn't know that they made a Vantage Volante, I have only seen that BRG Virage Volante in Ponsonby also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now ya talking.