Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

$200 to spend

Well I have around $200 to spend, what can I do to my E36 to either add performance, or make it better in any way?

I saw a place advertising RPS exhaust's fitted for $280, but it seems a bit cheap, considering another place quoted me a grand..

Edited by Sudo

You do know RPS muffler will proberbly be a Bore type exhaust dont you?

perhaps save some more money for it to be lowerd or just keep it in the bank and add to it to save for if/when something goes wrong or for something big

I like the look how it is now, and lowering it won't work, because my driveway is steep and it scrapes at the bottom at the standard height.

I want to give it more performance rather than looks(because it looks good as is =P) but with my other current obsession for guitars, it's hard to keep money for 5 mins haha.

Another question, is there an NZ Importer for Hamman stuff? Or will I have to order it internationally?

ebay is your only hope

Big bore + auto = lame factor high

Best performance upgrade you could probably do to that car at the moment is put in a manual box. At least then you'll be able to utilise its full potential.

Edited by E30stz

K&N filter and chop the cat out.

My next 2 mods.

Totally agreed. Free up the flow B) Dnt know of any one that does manual conversions for 200 bucks :confused:

And cain, im loving the quote you got goin on :lol:

Edited by sakdbma

And cain, im loving the quote you got goin on :lol:

Yeah, i agree its pretty cool :thumb: .

Do the clears thing. It brightens up the whole car and makes it look years younger.

But with a red car it might be better to smoke them, as white+red probably won't mix in too well, as it'll attract all the attention and just look wrong.

Clears.

I saw a place advertising RPS exhaust's fitted for $280, but it seems a bit cheap, considering another place quoted me a grand..

Thats because RPS exhaust is really just a muffler, and that price seem slightly high, (you can buy them for $180, fitting will be less than $100).

If it is auto dont do it, you will sound like a dick.

Has it got airbag? if not maybe a steering wheel?

or you could get a tyre.

No manual conversions will be taking place =P For two reasons.

1. I don't like manual for city driving, which is what I do most

2. Restricted auto license until march next year

60 bucks for bmwcc membership, 65 bucks for pukekohe track day. The rest for offsetting depreciation of tyres and brakes on the day.

No manual conversions will be taking place =P For two reasons.

1. I don't like manual for city driving, which is what I do most

2. Restricted auto license until march next year

What you need is a plate you throw over the gearstick with "P N D 1 2 3" on it - then you'll be set if you get pulled over.

Working clutch does wonders for the legs..

It's depressing how for $200 you can't do much for your car.... Cain's on the money - airfilter and screwdriver to kill the inside of the cat.

C'mon Sudo, calling Hamilton a city is like calling an old Skoda a car.

You can get around with a manual (once your licence allows). So far London is the only place I've been where an auto is a necessity. My left left felt like it was broken after working the clutch there all day.

Actually the join the BMWCC and come to our driver training it a very sound bit of advice too. Don't worry about the power of your car, it's about having fun and learning how to drive.

Edited by cainchapman

If you want to change from auto to manual restricted licence, you just have to pay resit fee and take the practical test.

Edited by E30stz

yeah im pretty sure cops wouldnt be too arsey about you driving a manual, as long as you werent carrying passengers or outside your hours....depends i spose

tis sweet as, i did it, and knw other people that did it, not many cops check the back anyway, whats the fine for it anyhow? it'd be worth it regardless i rkn.

Well I can't afford the conversion just yet :D I don't wana think too much about expensive ideas just yet. Since the more I want, the less I get. But I do have big plans for the little Ti, since I always see WRXs, Evos, Silvias etc, I want something different.

Anyway, I think I might do the BMWCC thing, and save he money for some track time and my racing license, i'm sitting it soon in an FCR.

Btw I have a job interview tomorrow, wish me luck :P

Well I can't afford the conversion just yet :D I don't wana think too much about expensive ideas just yet. Since the more I want, the less I get. But I do have big plans for the little Ti, since I always see WRXs, Evos, Silvias etc, I want something different.

Anyway, I think I might do the BMWCC thing, and save he money for some track time and my racing license, i'm sitting it soon in an FCR.

Btw I have a job interview tomorrow, wish me luck :P

Good luck

What job are you looking at?