Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

First car to be crushed!

Wonder if it's a Nissan or a Honda? :unsure:

It's a Nissan Laurel.

Couldn't help but notice that it had been stripped out meaning the parts are probably back on the market somewhere being put to possibley the same use therefore not solving any problems.

Would be interesting to find out what they are doing with the rest of the parts.

I love how easy facebook makes it to be nosey...

pic from stuff.co.nz

Posted Image

and screen shot from facebook...

Posted Image

3 hours after being sentenced on his 3rd strike he was out doing more skids and crashed... surprised it took him this long to get the 3 strikes.

Edited by ///MICHAEL

He probably won't learn (which is what this is trying to achieve I guess) - he's probably got thousands of dollars of fines and crushing is $1000 dollar car isn't going to learn him IMHO.

While im not a fan of skids on the road, I had to laugh at the fact that all the parts are taken off ready for the next car. Politicians dont have a clue, well in saying that they do but its more achieving their marketing / PR goals.

While im not a fan of skids on the road, I had to laugh at the fact that all the parts are taken off ready for the next car. Politicians dont have a clue, well in saying that they do but its more achieving their marketing / PR goals.

Exactly.

Howd he get the parts off? Wouldnt it be in the impound yard waiting to go to the crusher?

I always reckoned they needed to make the law where they strip the car and rereg it, as crushing a tidy car with loads of parts is a waste...

Howd he get the parts off? Wouldnt it be in the impound yard waiting to go to the crusher?

I always reckoned they needed to make the law where they strip the car and rereg it, as crushing a tidy car with loads of parts is a waste...

They need to strip it out so it looks impressive when they crush it. 1 down 116 so close haha

Poor fella, now he's without his car.

I guess he can't pay his fines now because he can't go to work without transport. :rolleyes:

Pretty stupid how they let offenders keep the car for a quite a while, before taking it off their hands for crushing. If they let the public go "pick-a-part" on the cars, and let the offenders watch the items being bought for peanuts; now thats a punishment.

Burnouts on state highway 1?

come on.

Idiot. I hope they crush his next car too.

Judging by his facebook page it looks like his next car is a 7 series... unless it was a previous car of his.

haha stripped out LOL!! politicians hahaha wtf is the point..

if you want them to stop. whole car inc all mods stereo etc should be inside the car. chuck the driver in there for good measure too. that would stop them repeating :P

sick of damn boy racers. driving last night in epsom, almost got into a crash. car heading towards me stopped, started doing burntouts, hit the kerb nearly missed parked cars and almost hit my car!! and i mean almost no exaggeration there

They should send the cars to the army firing range and then upload the footage to the army Facebook page with the offending person tagged in the video...

Personally, I hate boy racers. I appreciate responsible youth driving "actually nice" cars with enthusiasm in their vehicles but I am sick of people on giving the finger on the aves, drink driving, burning rubber on public roads. What benefit is that to any other user on the roads?

I would say crush away.

The Karn Forrest guy can also be found on facebook. The first result actually. Looks the biggest of all douches.

It was great when I saw a 1990 or so Cefiro revving infront of Bus Exchange in Christchurch (Before earthquakes) with the usual spray paint black rims, cut springs, big bore, you know the rest. And then a Gallardo pulls up behind him. First time I saw a boy racer actually tryna keep his car quiet! ;)

They should send the cars to the army firing range and then upload the footage to the army Facebook page with the offending person tagged in the video...

..... should it be driven on the Range by the registered owner, that would be cool !

The old Army Zone One, Bombing Range National Park SH One, !

I felt the Police Minister looked a "d*ck-ish" posing with the car !

I'd rather see roadside burning on 3rd offence.

You should be a Minister of Police :)

3rd offense upon pullover, light car on fire on side of road and force offender to watch it burn.

LOL so every police car would have a kit full of rags to stick in the fuel filler and a lighter stacked next to the firearms box? :D

meh.

how long has this law been in effect? 2 years?

in that time 1 car crushed, which has been stripped anyway. i dont think boy racing has decreased proportionally in that time.

Also, if you were at the point of having your car crushed and got caught doing a skid / racing. Why would you stop for police? Almost nothing to lose, already going to lose license and car + fines etc, with a possibility of getting away. why stop? if you get caught even if after doing a runner its only a extra failing to stop charge.

Edited by polley

Wouldn't the scrappy strip the parts off it before crushing it?

Wouldn't the scrappy strip the parts off it before crushing it?

That was my thoughts too. defeats the purpose doesnt it.

You should be a Minister of Police :)

Damn right. I'd sort that sh*t out.

Damn our country is to soft on criminals.

Compared to Australia/U.S we're pretty lightweight in comparison to the take no prisoners attitude overseas.