Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

Worth a go?

Hey guys, this we little italian has been sitting in this same place for over a year, photo doesn't show but it has cobwebs from the body to the tarmac, moss all over it etc etc.

Is this a car of value, it's a late 2000s Fiat Punto sport thingy, 1600cc I beleive but not certain on engine be it turbo or not (I only know the Germans).

Posted Image

Phot is not great but people were looking at me.

If it is worth some coin I reckon I could get it for very little, quite possible something is very wrong with it as mentioned it's been in the same place for over a year, I see it everyday as it sits 50m from work.

Engines don't faze me so not worried if it's a broken belt or what ever. Always after more money ;)

I don't know about the later models, but my GF bought a 1st generation and it was written off 2 weeks later when the heater core dumped it's water on the ECU. Needed $900 parts and 10 hours labour on a $2000 car :(.

I wouldn't buy one again!

Fiat Stilo. Prob worth 5-8k in good condition. Could be a good buy, depends whats wrong with it of course.

I don't know about the later models, but my GF bought a 1st generation and it was written off 2 weeks later when the heater core dumped it's water on the ECU. Needed $900 parts and 10 hours labour on a $2000 car :(.

I wouldn't buy one again!

I would say it would be a bit different with her one plus I score parts very cheaply.

Fiat Stilo. Prob worth 5-8k in good condition. Could be a good buy, depends whats wrong with it of course.

Ahh yes that's the one, I will dive in deeper and see what the issue is.

as if you didnt get enough banana insults already

Rather a fast banana than a sluggish grape.

Rather a fast banana than a sluggish grape.

lol i sold it to three islanders from porirua. its probably already f**ked now.

Looks like a Stilo Abarth, 2.4 5 cylinder. Probably has the fiat version of selespeed which may be why it's on the side of the road.

lol i sold it to three islanders from porirua. its probably already f**ked now.

Was talking about the one you don't have yet.....

Yeah quite possibly has the silly speed in it? Didn't get a chance to look at it today unfortunately.

Was talking about the one you don't have yet.....

Yeah quite possibly has the silly speed in it? Didn't get a chance to look at it today unfortunately.

ohhhh thats challenge talk

Pfft, ready, aim......wait you still haven't got it yet?

It's a wonder it hasn't been busted for reg/wof unless they are updating the reg or?

All I know is it's been sitting in the same place for over a year without budging. There is actually cobwebs from the body to the tarmac.

Charlette cres

Google map= up drive.

Edited by Greg.

Charlette cres

Google map= up drive.

Haha, just up the road from ya work then aye, surprised it's taken ya this long to think 'bout it.

A couple metres yeah. Just started taking interest the last few weeks.

A couple metres yeah. Just started taking interest the last few weeks.

You can bet ya left one that the day you're going to knock on the door it'll be gone. Happened to me many times.

How long has that global autoworks been there? I know HB Euro' has been 'round for a while (I know Gary Cammock really well through his dad, JG more or less set up HB Euro' for Gary when he came back from Europe) but that global looks like they're trying to cash in on JG being accross the street LOL.

They have been there a few years now, never seem to be busy, ever.

Hb Euro were doing it tough up till nearly 12 months ago Jeff bought it and started the yard up again.

Doing really well now with the Jag and Rangy stuff.

Charlette cres

Google map= up drive.

Indeed I wanted to google map it.

Greg, do you work at Jeff Gray Hastings?

A mate of mine had one. He didnt look after it very well and ran it into the ground (he does that to every car)

Theyre ok, just another FWD car, this one will probably have the same dicky SMG style gearbox cept its no where near as nice as BMW's version.

As you said, find out whats wrong with it and properly cost up the parts to fix. Its probably not going to be worth it unless you get it really cheap.

Cheers Josh, I walk past it everyday but had never looked inside it, must remember tomorrow.

It has silly speed and a bad one at that. Have experianced silly speed in Alfas when they are fine, not nice to fix though.

Reg lapsed in 2010.

Edited by Greg.