Sign in to follow this  
naughty bmw

03 325i M Sport Touring

Just got some new 19" BBS LM reps rims for the wifes crusier. having to roll the rear gaurds to just fit in and lower it by the weekend.

Can any one advise on good springs to suit the wagon, medium drop??

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's looking classy as Travis, yet to see it around but no doubt it will jump out at me!

Agree - looks awesome.

My 325i wagon is on shortened Bilstein shocks with factory motorsport springs - see the photos in my thread.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=40154

You'll definitely need to do some rolling/guard pumping in the rear if you're going to lower it.

(Unless you don't really load it up etc)

Agree - looks awesome.

My 325i wagon is on shortened Bilstein shocks with factory motorsport springs - see the photos in my thread.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=40154

You'll definitely need to do some rolling/guard pumping in the rear if you're going to lower it.

(Unless you don't really load it up etc)

Thanks for that. so have you just replaced the front shocks with a complete shortend shock that houses the spring etc or is it the removable insert style shock, to be honest i havnt even looked to see how the front really looks. and did you do the rear shock as well to match ( i know that is a seperate spring / shock assembly)

just seems the front is so high compared to the rear (in pic below), just figured my rear shocks and springs were buggered ??

Posted Image

Edited by naughty bmw

Looks tough, just drop the front so even with rear IMO.

Looks tough, just drop the front so even with rear IMO.

I hear ya, it just rubs ever so slightly down the side of the tyre when you corner and bumps etc under speed.

I was planning on stiffening up the rear to reduce the slope, hence springs, and i guess shocks

left it at a panelbeater today and they wont roll my gaurds, what a bunch of tossers!! they dont want to remove the tough silicon inside the lip or the rear gaurd??? they are worried its not factory enough.... so i will attempt this myself with a knife and dremmel etc then lip it myself....

Anyone attempted this on the e46's themselves.... advice....? cheers guys

I've used a wire brush bit and drill to get the silicone out, then resealed with POR15 after rolling guards on a friends car, did the trick, no rust to speak of since.

I've used a wire brush bit and drill to get the silicone out, then resealed with POR15 after rolling guards on a friends car, did the trick, no rust to speak of since.

Cool cheers for that, i will be doing it in the weekend so will keep you all informed.

Not long after my last post i attacked the rear gaurds to try roll the internal lip.

Began by cutting out the hard silicon fill with a stanley knife to free it up. tried every tool possible and found the best result was digging it out with a flathead screw driver...!

Cleaned up the dregs with the 'wuzzy wheel' on the drill.

Used panelbeating blocks and hammer and tapped the inner lip up and over against the inside of the gaurd.

I used the flapper disk on the grinder to shave back the inner lip to getanother half millimeter or so.

I also shaved the inner plastic mud gaurd in behind the bumper as this was rubbing too.

Definately made a huge difference, but just exploited rubbing else where with further travel........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well two weeks later (today) my wifes had a gutsfull of the rubbing, and far enough.

So firstly I got some H&R lowering springs to hope to stiffen the rear, turns out it made it even lower haha... opps. front looks sweet tho.

So I invested in a gaurd roller / flaring tool off trademe.

Spent today with the heatgun and the roller working the gaurds out further and further without cracking the paint. I also removed the inner plastic liner and shaved the areas that had been rubbing and removed the inner clip holding the rear bumper to the gaurd,which was cutting the tyre. I have refastend the bumper further in.

Turns out no more rubbing and the car is looking flush, super happy!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks awesome! Are the flaring tools quite effective? Thought about getting one myself. I just used the handle off my jack the same as yours to give mine an extra tweak haha

Looks awesome! Are the flaring tools quite effective? Thought about getting one myself. I just used the handle off my jack the same as yours to give mine an extra tweak haha

yeah they are easy to use and very effective!! Still hard to gauge how far you can push it without f*#n it, but just take your time.

I hope to rent mine out locally so if anyone in Tarankai wants to use it, will be $20 for weekend to rent :)

Spotted this parked in town on Friday night looking dam tough! Love it! Wouldn't mind cruising around in it myself!

yeah they are easy to use and very effective!! Still hard to gauge how far you can push it without f*#n it, but just take your time.

I hope to rent mine out locally so if anyone in Tarankai wants to use it, will be $20 for weekend to rent :)

Ohyes, good to know

I was also planning on renting mine out too haha

Spotted this parked in town on Friday night looking dam tough! Love it! Wouldn't mind cruising around in it myself!

Cheers Blair, Haha yeah i have to admit, it did look good in town under the street lights, its definately a nice car to own, little bit more luxury than the e30 screamer, not as much fun tho ;)

Will definitely keep you in mind!

+1 looked amazing!

this looks nice man.. dont see much wagons in that colour !

Yeah half the reason we brought it, always loved the e30 & e46 wagons and had to have this as soon as i seen it.

We were looking at mazda atenza wags as a family car, this cost alot more but was well worth it looking back

Was out fixing a cockies sludge pump today and the e46 wagon looked very stance, good for some photos, didnt have the good camera but still looked ok

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Damn this is cool!

cheers thanks, we think so too. just trying to get the e30 to look as angry as this now, cant have it been out done by the wifes car, haha

cheers thanks, we think so too. just trying to get the e30 to look as angry as this now, cant have it been out done by the wifes car, haha

Haha that's a no go! That e30 does look badass though, do you have a build thread or anything for it?

Haha that's a no go! That e30 does look badass though, do you have a build thread or anything for it?

Yeah its on this link below, its right from its conception so bit long winded but lots of pics. Working again on it at the moment, slow going but will be ready again for summer

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=9897